creepy crawlies

Old Jun 8th 2003, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

mel&dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation creepy crawlies

Hi to everyone in Perth,

My missus has a phobia about wasps/bees and is a little concerned about dangerous insects etc to be found in and around Perth, especially the home.

Can anyone put her mind at rest, or frighten her sh**less!

Please advise of what may be lurking.

Many thanks

Dave
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Carmella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: creepy crawlies

Don't want to worry you but... yesterday in the Times page 8 I think, there is an interesting piece about Perth and the surrounding wheatbelt. 500 new species of spider have been discovered. The Perth Museum are quite excited about it. I suppose it may be time to consider arachnophilia instead of arachnophobia and love those little (and not so little) critters.

Originally posted by mel&dave
Hi to everyone in Perth,

My missus has a phobia about wasps/bees and is a little concerned about dangerous insects etc to be found in and around Perth, especially the home.

Can anyone put her mind at rest, or frighten her sh**less!

Please advise of what may be lurking.

Many thanks

Dave
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:22 pm
Badge

never saw a "European wasp" or a bee - but a few huntsmen spiders - admittedly not in doors - outside in sheltered areas..

there was a big thread on this not along ago

badgers

Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:27 am
Just Joined

mel&dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
never saw a "European wasp" or a bee - but a few huntsmen spiders - admittedly not in doors - outside in sheltered areas..

there was a big thread on this not along ago

badgers
Hi Badgers,
Looking for thread on this one, any ideas???
cheers
Mel & Dave
Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Dave,
Tell Mel not to worry. Sure you will come across the occasional Red Back or White Tip, but the No.1 rule is not to stick your hands down any holes or anywhere where you can not see where you hand is going. Bees etc are no worse than anywhere else, actuall I find them more of a pest in USA.
Spiders are mainly outside the home and it is advisable to have your house fumigated for termites once a year, this usually keeps the other creepy crawlies away too.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:57 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

European wasps are nothing, have you seen the size of the Austalian Wasp, If someone tells me how to attatch an image i will post a picture of one i took when i was in aus this march, very big and very scary
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Dave, click on Search at top right of page, key in spiders in the key words section and do a search, this will bring up a lot of previous postings on spiders etc.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mel&dave
Hi Badgers,
Looking for thread on this one, any ideas???
cheers
Mel & Dave

There is actually a thread on creepy crawlies on this it started today:lecture: