credit checks

Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb credit checks

Can anyone get a credit check done? On someone else?

We have been asked by a friend of a friend if we would rent our house to them when we go to Oz. Thats if it doesn't sell.

Now I don't know this person and have never rented to someone before so would like to do some checks on them before I agree. So I wanted to know if I could do a credit check on them without them knowing? or do I have to ask their permission to do a check?

Any advice? thanks

Tina x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: credit checks

Hi, i am not sure if you need permission but look at experion as they do credit checks, i think they are £2.00. You will find them easy enough if you google them!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fairly sure that the Data Protection Act will restrict the release of info. You could ask them to do a check and pass it on to you, but you wouldn't be able to do a check on them yourself.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the quick replys.

I know when you buy something on credit they do checks on you but wasn't sure if Joe bloggs on the street could.

tina x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.credit-check-services.co.uk/

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/dir/credit-checks.htm

hth

Niki
Old Mar 16th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Smilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really nice

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Can anyone get a credit check done? On someone else?

We have been asked by a friend of a friend if we would rent our house to them when we go to Oz. Thats if it doesn't sell.

Now I don't know this person and have never rented to someone before so would like to do some checks on them before I agree. So I wanted to know if I could do a credit check on them without them knowing? or do I have to ask their permission to do a check?

Any advice? thanks

Tina x

Its so important to get things right at the start if you are thinking of letting out your home. Get it right at the begining and it should straight forward and easy. Get one thing wrong and watch out ....you could have big problems and lose a load of cash.

If you get to the stage where you are sure you will be letting your property PM me before you do anything and I will give all the advice that 20 yrs in the industry can give.

All the best.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smilz
Its so important to get things right at the start if you are thinking of letting out your home. Get it right at the begining and it should straight forward and easy. Get one thing wrong and watch out ....you could have big problems and lose a load of cash.

If you get to the stage where you are sure you will be letting your property PM me before you do anything and I will give all the advice that 20 yrs in the industry can give.

All the best.

Thank you very much x

I hope to sell but its good to have a plan B

tina x