Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:36 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Angry Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Although we live in Farnham which is a very nice area, the little village that we live on the outskirts of Farnham is an even more sought after area. When our house first went on the market we were told one of the reasons we could ask the price it's at, is because of the location. So when I walked past the agents window and saw our house (4 weeks ago) with the huge writing "Farnham" on it I went in and asked should it not say "Lower Bourne". Oh yes, they agreed, it certainly should, as other agents in the area specify "Lower Bourne" in their windows.

So I was mighty pissed off when I walked past just now and saw that it still said "Farnham." Methinks here could be the reason that we have not had as much interest as we would have liked

Oh, and I did go in and tell them what I thought!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:38 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Although we live in Farnham which is a very nice area, the little village that we live on the outskirts of Farnham is an even more sought after area. When our house first went on the market we were told one of the reasons we could ask the price it's at, is because of the location. So when I walked past the agents window and saw our house (4 weeks ago) with the huge writing "Farnham" on it I went in and asked should it not say "Lower Bourne". Oh yes, they agreed, it certainly should, as other agents in the area specify "Lower Bourne" in their windows.

So I was mighty pissed off when I walked past just now and saw that it still said "Farnham." Methinks here could be the reason that we have not had as much interest as we would have liked

Useless tossers
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:52 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Useless tosspots!!!

Hope you sell soon we ve got this to come after crimbo!!

kris xx
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Anne,

Think we've mentioned our experience of the total eejits in the past!!

Bunch of useless ****** wanxxrs!!!!

All they're interested in is how flash their poncey cars are and how much of a flick they can get on their poncey quiffs!!!!

This is my 1st experience of trying to sell a house (on behalf of C's folks) and to be honest, I am flabbergasted by their total incompetence!!

What is wrong with these people?

Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - gotta admit I think they're all useless t*****s.

I had to tell mine 3 times that I wanted the words "No Onward Chain" shown promintently.

Still - let's hope it makes the difference.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:20 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I think its appauling the level of service you get from real estate agents. They are earning HUGE amounts of commission from one very simple transaction and might do well to remember that!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:32 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I think its appauling the level of service you get from real estate agents. They are earning HUGE amounts of commission from one very simple transaction and might do well to remember that!
Totallly agree, first week they forgot to put us in the property advertiser, second week Fox & Sons forgot to put 90% of their local branches in the paper then the third week they put our details with a photo of a bigger house round the corner! Yet we still managed to sell the house after 3.5 weeks with my wife doing the 2 viewings that reallly mattered!

Fox & Sons get nearly 5k..............wtf???????
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Us too they did a terrible picture of our house, mainly showing next door!!!, then they 'forgot' to put NO UPWARD CHAIN of which I thought was a major selling point, we did receive an offer though after only 3 weeks and two viewings and have now accepted, so houses are selling afterall!!. We were very surprised this close to xmas, so life does'nt completely stop just for xams thank goodness.

Good luck to you, I know its a very stressful time, heart in mouth as your showing them round etc...

All the best
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
You are preaching to the converted .
Let my property with DREWERYS on Saturday. Full management at a cost of £100+ per month to me (6 months paid upfront). They phone me on Monday to tell me that the bloke who signed the tenancy agreement and had viewed my flat with his wife had decided he doesnt want to live there now as their is no shower! and how will they wash
When the tenant offered £1500 to get out of the tenancy agreement the ba***rd letting agents said they would be keeping £800 to cover their fees.
****ing liberty

Oh and i forgot about the photo they took from half a mile across the road with the tree totally obscuring only my flat! I wont bore you with the rest.

Last edited by desperate2go; Dec 13th 2005 at 10:03 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:11 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

f****** T*ssers. I hate estate agents. Useless f***wits. We have included all our white goods in the sale as a sweetner as they are only 12 months old and the retards still havent updated the particulars. Morons..and that's only the tip of the iceberg. I WANT TO BE IN ADELAIDE! NOW!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:17 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Crappy crappy estate agents!!

Originally Posted by desperate2go
You are preaching to the converted .
Let my property with DREWERYS on Saturday. Full management at a cost of £100+ per month to me (6 months paid upfront). They phone me on Monday to tell me that the bloke who signed the tenancy agreement and had viewed my flat with his wife had decided he doesnt want to live there now as their is no shower! and how will they wash
When the tenant offered £1500 to get out of the tenancy agreement the ba***rd letting agents said they would be keeping £800 to cover their fees.
****ing liberty

Oh and i forgot about the photo they took from half a mile across the road with the tree totally obscuring only my flat! I wont bore you with the rest.
Surely it would be cheaper to have a shower installed above the bath....you can buy those Redring electric instant water heating showers in most home improvement stores....

Ask your estate agency for a detailed breakdown of their costs. Are they members of ARLA - the Association of Residential Letting Agents? They have a mediation scheme if you have a complaint of malpractice against their members:

http://www.arla.co.uk
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:31 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

So glad we took the offer on our house.
Estate agent could not get it into his head that another few grand would not matter, just sell the blo.dy thing you plonker.
You just don't know when someone will walk through the door, we had 2 offers just a little under the asking, but hadn't sold.
Then one a fair bit under and no chain, took it, much to the agents disapproval and were out in 6 weeks.
Keep your chin up your special buyer is out there.

Kevin
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:34 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Wait until you meet Aussie estate agents, they stalk you :scared:
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
Wait until you meet Aussie estate agents, they stalk you :scared:
Well im expecting to be lonely at first....so maybe a stalker wouldnt be such a bad thing.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 10:47 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Well im expecting to be lonely at first....so maybe a stalker wouldnt be such a bad thing.
It's the only contact we had at first, they wont let you into a house without taking your number then they ring you all day.

I used to take the piss out of them as they're full of shit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.