Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cranbourne Victoria any opinions

Cranbourne Victoria any opinions

Old May 12th 2005, 6:44 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cranbourne Victoria any opinions

I've been looking on real estate .com again and you get a bloody lot of house in cranbourne for your money. i wondered what it's like
Old May 12th 2005, 8:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cranbourne Victoria any opinions

Originally Posted by fraser
I've been looking on real estate .com again and you get a bloody lot of house in cranbourne for your money. i wondered what it's like

Its ok Fraser, its not reknowned as a bad area or anything. Its not to far from the Mornington peninsula & not that far from the dandenongs.
I guess because theres no freeway close to it then house prices are a bit cheaper. Wouldn't be my first choice but certainly worth looking at.
Old May 12th 2005, 8:36 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Its ok Fraser, its not reknowned as a bad area or anything. Its not to far from the Mornington peninsula & not that far from the dandenongs.
I guess because theres no freeway close to it then house prices are a bit cheaper. Wouldn't be my first choice but certainly worth looking at.
Cheers mate I just stumbled across it today on the web and some fantastic 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, rumpus,study ect for around 300k.

I'll have to take a look it'd be great to have a house that size and no mortgage
and worth the inconvenience of the travelling
Old May 12th 2005, 8:44 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Cheers mate I just stumbled across it today on the web and some fantastic 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, rumpus,study ect for around 300k.

I'll have to take a look it'd be great to have a house that size and no mortgage
and worth the inconvenience of the travelling
Theres definetly value to be had, if you moved that house a further 20 mins down around Mount Martha or Eliza you could probably add another 100K
Old May 13th 2005, 12:46 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Great. Once you've got your Billiards room and bar taps in place we'll have to all come round for a game!
Old May 13th 2005, 2:50 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'm not a big fan of the area. Don't get me wrong there are pleasant enough areas but there is a lot of building going on down there and they are really cramming them in. Some of the houses so close together that only one house could have the pointing finished :scared: .

Prefer Berwick myself.
Old May 13th 2005, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Don't hear of much anti-social behaviour going on there, unlike it's neighbour Frankston, about 15 mins west on route 4.
There's a train line to the CBD from here which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.
Interesting story though recently about Casey Council, which covers the area that includes Cranbourne, asking Steve Irwin to set up an Australia Zoo in the area. Steve turned them down because he said Victoria in the winter is too cold for his beloved crocs.
Old May 13th 2005, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Neil S
Don't hear of much anti-social behaviour going on there.
Yet
Old May 13th 2005, 6:05 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

It's probably worth having a look around, but don't set your heart on it. There is a lot of building going on in Cranbourne North and they are cramming them in (as per HUP’s comment). The older, more established parts have larger plot sizes and there are some nice parks around including the Botanical Gardens (this is a large park – don’t expect Kew Gardens). There is a decent shopping centre there with all the facilities you could require.

Regards
Alistair

Last edited by kirsty&al; May 13th 2005 at 6:08 am.
Old May 13th 2005, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
It's probably worth having a look around, but don't set your heart on it. There is a lot of building going on in Cranbourne North and they are cramming them in (as per HUP’s comment). The older, more established parts have larger plot sizes and there are some nice parks around including the Botanical Gardens (this is a large park – don’t expect Kew Gardens).

Regards
Alistair
We're just going to have to have a long look around the only part of the city we know well is from Elwood in.
Old May 13th 2005, 6:11 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

We're just going to have to have a long look around the only part of the city we know well is from Elwood in.
If you're just looking, then you may want to drive through Lang Warren and Somerville where you get more house for your buck compared with Mt Eliza, Mornington, etc...

Regards
Alistair
Old May 13th 2005, 6:18 am

If you're just looking, then you may want to drive through Lang Warren and Somerville where you get more house for your buck compared with Mt Eliza, Mornington, etc...

Regards
Alistair
Alistair we'll definately be looking at all those areas we're just a bit concerned about if Rachel needs to work it'll most likely be in the city.

Soo much to think about no wonder I'm an insomniac
Old May 13th 2005, 10:41 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Cranbourne Victoria any opinions

Regards
Alistair
You'd probably get more for your buck if you tried Packenham Upper, I reckon
Old May 13th 2005, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Just a personal view but for me all the areas mentioned (apart from Elwood) are too far out for my liking. Naturally the further out from the CBD you go the more you tend to get for a certain amount. That is the 'Catch 22' for the new migrant. Cranbourne's not too bad an area though but as said developing quickly. That sort of distance east or north east of the city is also worth considering - Lilydale and closer, Eltham and closer and so on.

OzTennis
Old May 13th 2005, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Just a personal view but for me all the areas mentioned (apart from Elwood) are too far out for my liking. Naturally the further out from the CBD you go the more you tend to get for a certain amount. That is the 'Catch 22' for the new migrant. Cranbourne's not too bad an area though but as said developing quickly. That sort of distance east or north east of the city is also worth considering - Lilydale and closer, Eltham and closer and so on.

OzTennis

Cheers Oz, the reason we'd like to go east is for the beach as we have two young children. It will be a whole lot eaier to settle in a new country without the burden of a hefty mortgage and we can always move nearer later on