Cr*p is....

Old Aug 21st 2003, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cr*p is....

Originally posted by dotty
Crap to some is anything they dont want to hear. Truth is beach and sunny days.

Cr*p is actually defined as “the stuff that comes out of One Woman's mouth�. I present my case as such:

She who shall remain nameless' views on Aussie Immigration

"I have to say it again, most Aussies simply would not even understand why a country takes immigrants. Most base their knowledge of immigration on a few media pictures of refugees on shonky boats. "

No. Not all of us. Perhaps the ones that you hang around. Again I use that famous saying “flies stick to sh*t� – says it all really. Some of us don’t want certain types of immigrants in the country and it most likely comes from having to host people like you!

Their views on Aussie Sport
The news here will often start with who won a swimming championship, (ironic the amount spent on winning medals here when majority of pop are overweight). To find out news I usually watch BBC CBN or Biz Asia. Most here would never have heard of them let alone watch them.

We are a proud sporting Nation. Get used to it. If you don’t like it bugger off. It actually helps a Nation bond. I suggest you should have been here for the World Cup when England was abuzz with everyone supporting “their� country in the Football. What a feeling. Londoner’s smiling everywhere. Amazing what a bit of pride in your sportsmen and women can do.
On her active brain
Oz is not perfect for me, does not suit my active brain, however I think its a great place to own a business if you have the guts and graft to put in.
I need not comment on what I think about her active brain

On the Australian Mother’s (Why they are snobs)
I would not bother with any more qualifications if I could sing dance and act like that. Zillions of little aussie daughters here who simply adore the dancing acting singing thing, and zillions of mummys who would fork out a pretty hourly fee to have little Darleene taught by some an English Actor Opera Singer!
(Dont ever underestimate the snob value here its big and you could well cash in.
On Aussie Men
Sounds good, dont fancy me chances tho, most of these aussie blokes are hardly the tall tanned type are they. Wonder if they have any Swedish blonde ones called Sven or something. Wheres the yellow pages.

On why she hates TV

News consists maninly of swimming medals/or how the other team cheated. [Reminds me of an English runner – hmm what was his name]?

News poll like this mornings:- Do you believe Shane Warne (cricketer) made smutty phone calls to woman in South Africa. Like as if I bloody care. [Cause the UK doesn’t actually enjoy a bit of trashy tabloid sh*t does it]???

Basing a show around renovating a flat then having 60 minutes cover that show as their main story! Then following up with highlights? of the renovation every monday night. [Oh gee, since living in the UK I am so starved of DIY shows, there is not enough of them, please put on some more].

Showing stuff from 1998 in Peak time.

Shall I go on.....

I believe next weeks world breaking news story is "Our Kylie and how to get her bottom".

Thats anothe point I have why does OZ never notice that all of its famous people have left 10 years ago.

Or why does it claim anyone who ever entererd a transit lounge in Sydney as Australian once they become famous.

The picture of Tony Blair on the front page of weekend paper declaring him as the aussie who went to the top was a beauty. (It seems he lived in OZ when he was three for a whole year).
__________________________________________________ __________________
i can' t believe what they sell here. Dining chairs with flaws in fabric, bean bag with rips in in which they had sewn up! sofa that had so much frame missing it collapsed. All of those companies told us they cant afford quality control so stuff just goes out without being checked. Seems its to keep the aussies happy with cheap goods regardless of how shoddy they are. Carpet dyed with 4 different colours just prompted a suggestion of replacing it with yellow carpet instead of the cream we ordered if we did not like the faulty stuff. Guess you either laugh or scream
RSL clubs can be joined by anyone you just become a member.

The meals and booze is slightly subsidised (by the clubs) because they are huge revenue raisers for the Gov because of the billions of dollars poured into poker (one arm bandit) machines.

Their popularity is such that multi storey carparks are built on some. Trouble is tho Aussies have the worst gamboling issues in the world and the impact on families is horrendous. Gov looking at these issues.

Not a fan of them myself, lots of poor people in for a cheap meal then sitting there pouring the mortage down the machines. Pretty sad really.

Ah 14 such a lovely age (not). Look at it tho as she sees it.

Hello dear, your dad and I have decided to move to the other side of the planet. Its only 24 hours and two grand if you want to see your mates again. Australia will be much healthier for you, chasing sheep and did you know flares are still in fashion. Yes I know you love your gran but she will pop off soon anyway.
I know your mates think OZ is for nerds but we could not get into the USA. Look dear OZ is one hell of a cool place and you can still email your mates. Oz children are not backward dear they just like sheep.

Lets face it most 14 year olds dont want to go on holiday with you let alone flit to the moon.

What about you send her on a OZ holiday, set her up with some good looking OZ lad, might win her over.

One of my kids (age 8) declared after a holiday to the UK they could not work out why we forced them to live in OZ, and that they would promptly return to the UK as soon as they could. Guess where they are now!

NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL CR*P!

Last edited by MeganEkno; Aug 21st 2003 at 12:42 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cr*p is....

I think if you go to Australia with a positive mind and with the intention to fit in and make friends then all will be well. We have no intention of slagging off the UK when we get to OZ and I suppose life is what you make it. If your successful and happy in the UK then the betting is it will be the same in OZ. I don't understand why people moan so much after making the big move. If you dont like it then come back. Put up or shut up thats what I say.

ps. Can't wait to see what PB has to say once he's back in the UK.!! He thinks Perth is cold at the moment !!!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Actually I find HER comments interesting and amusing.

Long may she post.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wolfens_wife
I think if you go to Australia with a positive mind and with the intention to fit in and make friends then all will be well. We have no intention of slagging off the UK when we get to OZ and I suppose life is what you make it. If your successful and happy in the UK then the betting is it will be the same in OZ. I don't understand why people moan so much after making the big move. If you dont like it then come back. Put up or shut up thats what I say.

Well done to you Wolfens-wife. As an Australian residing in the UK, I would say that is the best approach. It is all about what you make of it. Enjoy the locals and make the most of the lifestyle. If it's not for you, then that is that, try another town, city, state or worst comes to worst there is always the option of home.

There will always be aspects of life in another country that get to you, but you have to remember that things are not the same because it isn't home! Living away from home is the best way to become patriotic.

Simple as that!

All the best for yourself and the family in Melbourne, I am sure you will go far!!!

Last edited by MeganEkno; Aug 21st 2003 at 4:19 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

oooooooowwwwwww, flippin heck!!!!

Think I will stay out of this one.

Whisky
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:34 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Cr*p is actually defined as “the stuff that comes out of One Woman's mouth�. I present my case as such:

She who shall remain nameless' views on Aussie Immigration

"I have to say it again, most Aussies simply would not even understand why a country takes immigrants. Most base their knowledge of immigration on a few media pictures of refugees on shonky boats. "

No. Not all of us. Perhaps the ones that you hang around. Again I use that famous saying “flies stick to sh*t� – says it all really. Some of us don’t want certain types of immigrants in the country and it most likely comes from having to host people like you!

Their views on Aussie Sport
The news here will often start with who won a swimming championship, (ironic the amount spent on winning medals here when majority of pop are overweight). To find out news I usually watch BBC CBN or Biz Asia. Most here would never have heard of them let alone watch them.

We are a proud sporting Nation. Get used to it. If you don’t like it bugger off. It actually helps a Nation bond. I suggest you should have been here for the World Cup when England was abuzz with everyone supporting “their� country in the Football. What a feeling. Londoner’s smiling everywhere. Amazing what a bit of pride in your sportsmen and women can do.
On her active brain
Oz is not perfect for me, does not suit my active brain, however I think its a great place to own a business if you have the guts and graft to put in.
I need not comment on what I think about her active brain

On the Australian Mother’s (Why they are snobs)
I would not bother with any more qualifications if I could sing dance and act like that. Zillions of little aussie daughters here who simply adore the dancing acting singing thing, and zillions of mummys who would fork out a pretty hourly fee to have little Darleene taught by some an English Actor Opera Singer!
(Dont ever underestimate the snob value here its big and you could well cash in.
On Aussie Men
Sounds good, dont fancy me chances tho, most of these aussie blokes are hardly the tall tanned type are they. Wonder if they have any Swedish blonde ones called Sven or something. Wheres the yellow pages.

On why she hates TV

News consists maninly of swimming medals/or how the other team cheated. [Reminds me of an English runner – hmm what was his name]?

News poll like this mornings:- Do you believe Shane Warne (cricketer) made smutty phone calls to woman in South Africa. Like as if I bloody care. [Cause the UK doesn’t actually enjoy a bit of trashy tabloid sh*t does it]???

Basing a show around renovating a flat then having 60 minutes cover that show as their main story! Then following up with highlights? of the renovation every monday night. [Oh gee, since living in the UK I am so starved of DIY shows, there is not enough of them, please put on some more].

Showing stuff from 1998 in Peak time.

Shall I go on.....

I believe next weeks world breaking news story is "Our Kylie and how to get her bottom".

Thats anothe point I have why does OZ never notice that all of its famous people have left 10 years ago.

Or why does it claim anyone who ever entererd a transit lounge in Sydney as Australian once they become famous.

The picture of Tony Blair on the front page of weekend paper declaring him as the aussie who went to the top was a beauty. (It seems he lived in OZ when he was three for a whole year).
i can' t believe what they sell here. Dining chairs with flaws in fabric, bean bag with rips in in which they had sewn up! sofa that had so much frame missing it collapsed. All of those companies told us they cant afford quality control so stuff just goes out without being checked. Seems its to keep the aussies happy with cheap goods regardless of how shoddy they are. Carpet dyed with 4 different colours just prompted a suggestion of replacing it with yellow carpet instead of the cream we ordered if we did not like the faulty stuff. Guess you either laugh or scream
RSL clubs can be joined by anyone you just become a member.

The meals and booze is slightly subsidised (by the clubs) because they are huge revenue raisers for the Gov because of the billions of dollars poured into poker (one arm bandit) machines.

Their popularity is such that multi storey carparks are built on some. Trouble is tho Aussies have the worst gamboling issues in the world and the impact on families is horrendous. Gov looking at these issues.

Not a fan of them myself, lots of poor people in for a cheap meal then sitting there pouring the mortage down the machines. Pretty sad really.

Ah 14 such a lovely age (not). Look at it tho as she sees it.

Hello dear, your dad and I have decided to move to the other side of the planet. Its only 24 hours and two grand if you want to see your mates again. Australia will be much healthier for you, chasing sheep and did you know flares are still in fashion. Yes I know you love your gran but she will pop off soon anyway.
I know your mates think OZ is for nerds but we could not get into the USA. Look dear OZ is one hell of a cool place and you can still email your mates. Oz children are not backward dear they just like sheep.

Lets face it most 14 year olds dont want to go on holiday with you let alone flit to the moon.

What about you send her on a OZ holiday, set her up with some good looking OZ lad, might win her over.

One of my kids (age 8) declared after a holiday to the UK they could not work out why we forced them to live in OZ, and that they would promptly return to the UK as soon as they could. Guess where they are now!

remember dotty only speaks for QLD................ MM
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:36 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sunlover

Long may she post.
Now why dont i find that un usual................ MM
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:52 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Sunlover

Long may she post.
Yes, the Diva's whinging is more refined - private tuition?
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Keep posting Dotty.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wolfens_wife

ps. Can't wait to see what PB has to say once he's back in the UK.!! He thinks Perth is cold at the moment !!!

You do not live in Oz so what is your "I think ..." based on? Holidays and day to day life are not even related. Once you live here, it may as well be a different place to the one you visited on holiday, even a holiday of months.

Sadly, there is no reason why you should be successful in Oz if you are so in the UK. Many people get a rude awakening and find out the hard way that the countries are quite different when it comes to getting jobs, finding a good market, getting accepted and hired by the locals, etc. It is a foreign country and you would do well to approach it like that.

Your thing of "I don't understand why people moan so much after making the big move. If you dont like it then come back." - Adults with responsibilities (especially those who employ people like dotty) cannot just up sticks at the drop of a hat. Also, in countries like Oz and NZ, there are many people effectively trapped by the poor economic situation and high house prices in the UK compared to what they can get for their place in Oz. Pray you do not fall into this situation and are made to regret your words here.

You are coming to Oz with a naive approach. Do not take advice from an Ozzie on how to emigrate as a pom to Oz or what your experience will be. They are not poms, they have not emgrated as poms to Oz, they do not know what they are talking about. Do you think you have a good handle on what it is like to emigrate to the UK as an Indian? No. Similarly, only poms who have emigrated to Oz can tell you something worth hearing about poms emigrating to Oz. If you do not like what they say because it does not sound like what you wanted to hear, then that is hard for you, but it does not make them liars.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:26 pm
owieb

Originally posted by Wilf
You do not live in Oz so what is your "I think ..." based on? Holidays and day to day life are not even related. Once you live here, it may as well be a different place to the one you visited on holiday, even a holiday of months.

Sadly, there is no reason why you should be successful in Oz if you are so in the UK. Many people get a rude awakening and find out the hard way that the countries are quite different when it comes to getting jobs, finding a good market, getting accepted and hired by the locals, etc. It is a foreign country and you would do well to approach it like that.

Your thing of "I don't understand why people moan so much after making the big move. If you dont like it then come back." - Adults with responsibilities (especially those who employ people like dotty) cannot just up sticks at the drop of a hat. Also, in countries like Oz and NZ, there are many people effectively trapped by the poor economic situation and high house prices in the UK compared to what they can get for their place in Oz. Pray you do not fall into this situation and are made to regret your words here.

You are coming to Oz with a naive approach. Do not take advice from an Ozzie on how to emigrate as a pom to Oz or what your experience will be. They are not poms, they have not emgrated as poms to Oz, they do not know what they are talking about. Do you think you have a good handle on what it is like to emigrate to the UK as an Indian? No. Similarly, only poms who have emigrated to Oz can tell you something worth hearing about poms emigrating to Oz. If you do not like what they say because it does not sound like what you wanted to hear, then that is hard for you, but it does not make them liars.
Spot On!

Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cr*p is actually defined as

Dotty is a valued member of this British Expats Forum. She employs a number of people in Oz and from what I understand has been quite successful. She has a lot of good advice to impart to people and she does the best thing of all - she gives her personal view of day to day life in Oz. She does not try to guess what other people think and then write that just to be popular, she just says what she thinks about day to day life in Oz. Even if people do not realise it yet, that is the best thing that anyone can do for them.

You are an Ozzie living in the UK. You are not a Brit. You have not emigrated to Oz. You are not a Brit immigrant in Oz. I would say you know nothing at all about being a Brit immigrant in Oz and so you have nothing of use to say. There are too many people here trying to shut people up already and I am not one of them, so I say to you keep posting, but don't rubbish dotty's posts because she is one of the few people on here that might actual give others something useful to hear.

Ozzies sticking up for Oz and telling the world how great it is and how they would never ever ever live anywhere else are ten a penny. England is full of them.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by owieb
Spot On!
Thanks. I have read your stuff and find it spot on too in describing a country that I actually recognise. You are the sort of member this forum needs with your honest approach and I hope you will keep it up even if you take a bashing for it.

All the best, Wilf
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 12:39 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Cr*p is when someone goes out of their way to start a thread for the sole purpose of attacking an individual member.

This is a discussion forum.. not all people can agree with each other. People have different opinions, life experiences and thoughts... that's what separates us from the beasts among us.
Dotty does give plenty of helpful advice to new immigrants. Why don't you copy and paste some of those and get some balance to your derogative, whinging post.

For a person who is supposed to proud to be Aussie, you are giving your countrymen a bad name by your malicious post.. which is whinging and derogative.

Perhaps the big difference between you and Dotty... she has a sense of humour, not to everybody's taste I suppose. In-between that sense of humour she actually posts some very good advice... you should try it sometime
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whisky
oooooooowwwwwww, flippin heck!!!!

Think I will stay out of this one.

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.