Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cover Letter/Resume Editing Free Government Service in QLD?

Cover Letter/Resume Editing Free Government Service in QLD?

Old May 27th 2011, 12:20 am
Just Joined

Storm Petrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cover Letter/Resume Editing Free Government Service in QLD?

Hi,

As title suggests, I am looking for an agency in QLD that can take a look at my resume and cover letter to see if there is any flaws, grammatical errors, weird parts etc. in it.

Preferably a free - government service.

P.S.

I have a permanent resident visa of Australia

Thank you.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice
Default Re: Cover Letter/Resume Editing Free Government Service in QLD?

I signed up with centerlink (voluntary) and they have linked me up with a government agency which gives you access to jobsearch.gov.au. I went last week and the girl was looking at my resume and told me to revamp it. I email it to her Tuesday and then Wednesday again and still not heard back from her. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of response to be honest. I will chase up by phone today.

I'm happy enough with is myself and actually got an interview next week - without the agencies help.

So you could try that - it all free.

But also google a similar resume and that will give you an idea - my old cv was in the dark ages - I've been a stay at home mum the last few years.
Hope this is of some help.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like the moon on a stick please!

Cheers

LG
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:03 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Storm Petrel
Hi,

As title suggests, I am looking for an agency in QLD that can take a look at my resume and cover letter to see if there is any flaws, grammatical errors, weird parts etc. in it.

Preferably a free - government service.

P.S.

I have a permanent resident visa of Australia

Thank you.
hey storm petrel, i'll have a look for you, i'm a careers adviser for a uni and for one of the govt departments - pm me and i'll get the details from you