Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Court orders - children

Court orders - children

Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Court orders - children

Perhaps your "friend" can ask his/her solicitor the question. That way he/she would be getting the proper legal advice they are seeking instead of guesses from a bunch of strangers on the internet.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Perhaps your "friend" can ask his/her solicitor the question. That way he/she would be getting the proper legal advice they are seeking instead of guesses from a bunch of strangers on the internet.
Very true Dorothy. I said that in the first place as i have no idea what happens in these situations, but thought i'd try and help in some way.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Lol Dorothy!

Regarding the legal advice though, it always pays to ask around, also do your own research.

When I had to leave Aus in 2002, my then husband stopped all maintenence payments. My 'family solicitor' was happy enough to take my money, but never had the correct information to help me in that respect. I was given no advice on the law regarding the situation. I raised the children by myself until their father came back to UK and the CSA got involved. Then it only took another 18 months for them to sort it out. I doubt I will ever receive the back payments owed.

I found the information in the links myself, when my ex decided to ping pong back again.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lollyno1
wish someone would tell my boys father about this! even the child support agency cant be arsed with it...and they know where he is and thats his working...

i myslef cant be arsed with it now..
Thousands in the same boat lolly. I can sympathise. It's a ridiculous situation and no help to the children.

I think there should be a way of collecting child support through the tax system which would take the pressure off. The absent parent would probably feel less resentful too, if it was all automatic and everyone was treated the same.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

I think it's a shame that it's the kids that suffer in these situations. Why parents only think of themselves and can't put aside their own differences, i'll never know