Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Couriers (DHL, TNT, etc.) pick-up service in rural areas?

Couriers (DHL, TNT, etc.) pick-up service in rural areas?

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Storm Petrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couriers (DHL, TNT, etc.) pick-up service in rural areas?

Hello everybody

I have to travel overseas for around 2 months. While I am overseas, I will probably receive one or two important mails that have to be replied quick. I could use Australia Post International Mail Redirection Service to receive my mails while I am overseas, but it would probably take too long. Accordingly, I am considering asking my friend to use the services of courier companies such as DHL, TNT etc i.e. as soon as he receives my mails, he calls DHL or TNT to come and pick the mail up and send it to my address in overseas.

We live in a rural area in which neither of DHL nor TNT have an office. I am wondering how long would it take for them to pick up my mails after they receive a pick up request from my friend?

Thank you
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 8:01 am
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of
Default Re: Couriers (DHL, TNT, etc.) pick-up service in rural areas?

Whom ever is able to answer this without knowing even which state this person lives in, could they also let me know next weeks Lotto numbers please

To the OP why not give the said companies a call, they will be able to give you accurate information for your location, rather than a random answer from someone who does not know your location ?

DHL telephone: 13 14 06 TNT telephone: 13 11 50

Alternatively if you want to risk it, my answer (guess) is 48 hours
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:52 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couriers (DHL, TNT, etc.) pick-up service in rural areas?

They don't deliver or collect to/from me, any packages that come via DHL or TNT are delivered to the nearest post office parcel office. In my case I'm just 14k from the city of Gympie in QLD. I receive a ticket in the mail that there's a parcel at the post office awaiting collection, if it's a CD or a book the local post office may deliver depends upon the workload that day.
Express post is quickest