Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

couple of quick questions

couple of quick questions

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Dave - Jackie will become famous soon enoughDave - Jackie will become famous soon enough
Default couple of quick questions

Hi There

Need some advice on a couple of things! Having to go over to Perth for 2 weeks to validate our visas (still waiting to sell the house) what would advice be re taking money over. Do we take travellers cheques or cash, sterling or auz dollars. Also I am looking into buying a stereo system over here in the sales - will it work over in auz ?

Sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid but I assure you that I have lot's more!

Thanks
Jackie & Dave
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:23 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: couple of quick questions

Originally Posted by Dave - Jackie
Hi There

Need some advice on a couple of things! Having to go over to Perth for 2 weeks to validate our visas (still waiting to sell the house) what would advice be re taking money over. Do we take travellers cheques or cash, sterling or auz dollars. Also I am looking into buying a stereo system over here in the sales - will it work over in auz ?

Sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid but I assure you that I have lot's more!

Thanks
Jackie & Dave

When we validated we took sterling travellers cheques. Took about $400 to get by with initially until we could exchange.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave - Jackie
Hi There

Thanks
Jackie & Dave
Just take debit and credit cards. Debit cards for 'hole in the wall' cash and credit card for purchases....easy...peasy

G
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Hi Dave and Jackie,
I would take a cashline type card from the UK which allows you to withdraw money in Oz from your account here. It saves you carrying large sums of anything and putting your card in the machine is just the same as here. My Lloyds TSB debit card worked and they charged me £1 each time I withdrew money. Don't know about the stereo.
Have a good trip.