Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Couple of questions on everyday matters.

Wikiposts

Couple of questions on everyday matters.

Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:29 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bluey
Thanks for that guys and gals. Of course I do intend to stop smoking when I get there (though it might just be 20 years after we arrive!)

As for job interviews, I think I'll look for work as a shrimp fisherman (dont think a tie is required for that one).

And, if I may, a couple more random lunchhour questions.......

Do dogs need a license in SA?

Can you build fires on the beaches?

Does anyone have experience of the local cub scout groups in SA? My son would love to carry on with it when we get out there.

If there's no MOT in SA for cars, is there a yearly Road Tax equivalent?

Toyota Tarango or Dual-Cab UTE? (though the wife seems set on the UTE, just like Joe Mangel)

Thanks Guys.
Blue
Can only answer for QLD, but it's probably the same in SA ... dogs need a licence - you get one from your local council. Building open fires on beaches is a no- no here . Most beaches and national parks there is no open fires allowed - the fire must be contained in a container of course - ie a bbq.

most of your questions can be answered if you know what council district you will be moving to... find their web site - and dog /pet answers will be on there somewhere.

Cheers

P.S - if you want to be a prawn trawlerman ... you should come to Brissie.. do what they all do - go up and down the Brissie river, the breeder creeks - pillage everything, keep all bycatch even small undersize bycatch fish... trawl past the sewage outlet (even though you will breaking the law, ignore the law as most of them do, then sell them as "fresh Bay prawns" ..lol)... carry a shot gun, so you can threaten someone when they 'have a go at you" for breaking some law. All done in a couple of hours work... no rough seas, pillage,easy work... I hate the b*ggers! sorry for the rant... actually no I'm not sorry.

Prawn Trawlers are some of the most hated people in the bay by rec fishermen and conservationists. ....for a reason.

Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 7th 2003 at 2:58 pm.