Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

countdown to meds

countdown to meds

Old Sep 27th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default countdown to meds

getting quite paranoid now (cant help it) meds on weds in birmingham (anyone had theirs there) saying to ry dont be smoking anything that you shouldnt (not that he is) him saying ohhhhh mum please, nagging des to give up the cigars for a week

drinking god awful green tea (makes me shiver when i drink it)

cant wait to smoke drink and be merry after this week (well maybe not smoke now its been 6 months but never say never)

bring them on

arlene

will abstain from alcohol tomorrow:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 27th 2003, 4:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Arlene; I have to say that my medical was far less scary than I'd expected. I have a very deep mistrust of doctors (just from various past experiences) and I was absolutely terrified, but I can quite honestly say know that it was nothing to worry about. The worst bit was writing the cheque, and we spent the last ten minutes of the consultation discussing the expats site!
It was almost an anti-climax - though I did go straight to the pub for a large drink! I hope yours goes OK, and it'll be a great relief to get it out of the way.

Fingers crossed for you all,

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 27th 2003 at 5:08 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Good luck Arlene; I have to say that my medical was far less scary than I'd expected. I have a very deep mistrust of doctors (just from various past experiences) and I was absolutely terrified, but I can quite honestly say know that it was nothing to worry about. The worst bit was writing the cheque, and we spent the last ten minutes of the consultation discussing the expats site!
It was almost an anti-climax - though I did go straight to the pub for a large drink! I hope yours goes OK, and it'll be a great relief to get it out of the way.

Fingers crossed for you all,

thanks for that love the new avatar!!

arlene
Old Sep 28th 2003, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: countdown to meds

Originally posted by arlene
getting quite paranoid now (cant help it) meds on weds in birmingham (anyone had theirs there) saying to ry dont be smoking anything that you shouldnt (not that he is) him saying ohhhhh mum please, nagging des to give up the cigars for a week

drinking god awful green tea (makes me shiver when i drink it)

cant wait to smoke drink and be merry after this week (well maybe not smoke now its been 6 months but never say never)

bring them on

arlene

will abstain from alcohol tomorrow:scared: :scared:

Bit late to change your lifestyle now!!!
My mate and I had our X-rays in the morning,went for a long pub lunch,pie and chips,fresh air in the form of a few fags,all washed down with wine,and passed the medical in the afternoon
Don't worry,you'll be fine,they just want to make sure you're not gonna be a burden on therr healthcare system as soon as you get there!
Just remember matching undies (I means yours,not the wole family!)

Good luck
Fi