Reload this Page >

The count down is in single figures

The count down is in single figures

Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

NickSuzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The count down is in single figures

Hello Everyone

Well, the count down is into single figures we fly out on sunday evening . I am very excited although, starting to lay in bed worrying about things. I am not a worrier at all but i am at the moment and it is about everything, will th eflights be ok, will or transfer pick us up at Brisbane airport, what will or accommodation be like and loads of other stupid things..

Suzy my lovely wife is getting everything organised as i am still at work until friday so she has lots to do and no help at all, unless you call two boys of 2 and 8 help.

The goodbyes have been going on for a few weeks no and suzy has been very emotional.

Roll on Sunday and lets get going.

Cheers Nick
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:19 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: The count down is in single figures

Good luck,
Where abouts around brisbane are you heading?

Dougie
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

We have accommodation in Toowong to start with

Cheers Nick
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

I must tell my lovely husband to check his messages before posting them bless him Hi Iam Suzy Nicks wife "the thread starter" Yes indeed it is nearly our time to go i cant believe its all happened so quickly. By 6.15am on the 28th of this month fingers crossed we should be landing at Brisbane airport . We have 4 weeks temporary accommodation in Toowong (Inn In The Park Apartments) and during this time we will be trying to source out a suburb that will suit us, and a house and a school. Any
ideas / suggestions with regards to this would be greatly appreciated. As that is the part i think we will struggle with. Good luck everyone
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Hello my Darling
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Theres no hiding from you is there
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

gbarnett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzyt
Theres no hiding from you is there
Good luck
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou. if you were us and had an offer to stay what do you think you would do ????
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Nick & Suzy

Good luck with the move hope all goes well for you, we're off on 16th November to Brisbane so nearly in your shoes

Can't advise you on area's as never been before but will be doing exactly the same holiday accomodation for 1 month then need to have found somewhere so let us all know how it goes on the update forum.

Good luck

Beccie & Family (Meg 12, Fred 16 and hubby)
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Best of luck with your move and plans.

We moved over to Brissie 15 months ago and like you guys rented a furnished place for a while to give us time to find areas we liked. We spent 2 months in Cleveland and after lots of searching around ended up on the Gold Coast. Everyone will have a different opinion on the best places to be but our reasons were that for our young son and Barbs having a couple of years break from work we might as well be close to the beaches and fun things. Plus Brisbane is so spread out lots of the places we looked at were between 30 to 50 minutes from CBD and the coast is an hour. (depending on traffic of course.)

Its a great experience finding your feet again so my advice is to try to enjoy the whole thing and take one step at a time. Try not to put too much pressure on having everything perfect and just as it was in the UK straight away.

Once again good luck.

Mick
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Old has a brilliant futureMrs Old has a brilliant futureMrs Old has a brilliant futureMrs Old has a brilliant futureMrs Old has a brilliant futureMrs Old has a brilliant futureMrs Old has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suzyt
Thankyou. if you were us and had an offer to stay what do you think you would do ????
Speaking as a fellow Essex girl (if that makes sense) - gotta give it a go. Anyway, no turning back now eh?! All the best to you both. We have job interview next week for Queensland, so fingers crossed there'll be a bit more Essex in Queensland soon! Now if that's not enough to empty the place....!