Counselling

Old Apr 8th 2007, 4:04 pm
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Question Counselling

Hi All

Mrs. Kernow here...

I have a diploma in counselling and am a member of BACP. If I want to set up a private practice in or around Sydney, do I need to do another course, or get a licence, or do anything at all?

Any advice will be good.

Thanks.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 4:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Counselling

Originally Posted by Kernow1
Hi All

Mrs. Kernow here...

I have a diploma in counselling and am a member of BACP. If I want to set up a private practice in or around Sydney, do I need to do another course, or get a licence, or do anything at all?

Any advice will be good.

Thanks.
You will obviously need indemnity insurance so it may be worthwhile checking that out first.

You may find that companies are reluctant to insure anyone who does not come from a particular professional background or have appropriate (in their eyes) training.

BACP membership or accreditation will mean little outside of the UK.

G
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:58 pm
Nearly There

momma mia will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
Im just finishing up my certificate in counselling I was going to do the diploma here and contacted the ACA(australian counselling assoc) they said as long as I was a member of the BACP I could become a member of the ACA and work straight away. Hope thats of some use to you.
Im having to do the Diploma over in Melbourne now but got to find voluntary work ect first though.
Rachael
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:00 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

Hi Rachael

I have already done some 280 hours of voluntary supervised practice here in the UK but now I feel that I need to start up on my own and start earning my investment back.

Thank you for your info. I looked up the CAPA site as well and I think that I can become a member quite easily. That would be such a help.

Good luck with your course.

Jindi
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kernow1
Hi All

Mrs. Kernow here...

Any advice will be good.

Thanks.
Hi there,

I am just adding interest to the link here. My husband has several professions he can work in but is qualified as a drug and alcohol counsellor / training psychotherapist.

J