council tax

Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

pic08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile council tax

hi all
we're off shortly on a 457 visa...a few years ago we got into difficulty paying our council tax and now pay a sum each month...can i still do this when we are away as i cant afford to pay it all off before?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:47 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: council tax

You will just have to set up money transfer to your UK bank here from OZ and then the direct debit can just go from your UK bank as usual, although the bank in OZ may charge you for the pleasure.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

thanks for reply...do you think i should tell them as i am scared they will ask for it all...i shall have to tell them we are moving nd obviously then the debt is not increasing...my sister in law will be paying bill each month for me as its easier to transfer money to her...thanks
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by pic08
thanks for reply...do you think i should tell them as i am scared they will ask for it all...i shall have to tell them we are moving nd obviously then the debt is not increasing...my sister in law will be paying bill each month for me as its easier to transfer money to her...thanks
You can't give them what you haven't got. As long as you offer to pay them bit by bit, then that should be ok.
My mum used to work for the council and there is always a way round these things.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: council tax

thankyou so much for your reply, that makes me feel a lot better
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Dont wish to state the obvious....
But if you leave say...tomorrow you will only have a liability for less than half a years worth of Tax...we are perilously close to leaving right at the end of the Tax year so will be liable for it all.....Worst luck!
HKA
x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for reply but its a debt we have had with them for a few years and have been paying it off each month on top of what we owe for this year....so will have to keep paying....