Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Could it be worse?

Could it be worse?

Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Could it be worse?

This week is one of the worst i have lived for... 26 years!

1) i tore my anlke ligaments on Sunday (real bad, aircast on and crutches for 6 weeks, and right foot ressembling a pig's foot)

2) my partner of 4 years left me today, out of the blue, because i guess he does not want to give me the security i would need... i guess its not as bad as it seems and i am sad but relieved in a way (wont go into details though)

but, the good thing is: i am the main applicant on the visa (skilled aus sponsored) so it doesnt change anything for my application. i just need to update DIMIA about the defacto not being defacto anymore...

thing is: we lodged application 2 months ago, and i was living with him in his hometown in switzerland. i guess i have another good 6 months to wait and a job I am not passionate about, that i just accepted to be there with him.

I called my migration lawyer this morning and explained the whole situation. she is going to check up my file to know if there is anything we could do to fasten the procedure or let me go to oz now and work something out so i dont need to be on a tourist visa for the rest of the year. She also said that removing my partner of the application (skilled aus sponsored) might things go faster (as there would be no need for the Case Officer to look into the defacto side of the application). has anyone experienced this?

At the moment I am wondering about

1) leaving and go teach English (i am a celta trained teacher) and learn Mandarin in China (i am (also) a tourism graduate and Mandarin would really be an asset for my resume)
2) wait another 6 months and keep working in switzerland (i live in a resort of about 1'000 people where everyone knows each other). remember, i am a girl, and a pretty emotional one...

Anyway, just wanted to share these news with my wonderful virtual friends of this forum. Maybe one of you will have a wise idea and experienced the same thing and would know if there is an option with any visa. (i was thinking about a bridging visa since i just finished my studies in oz but i guess as the application has already been sent in being an overseas one it wont be possible).

Cheers for reading...

fabie
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Could it be worse?

that is AWFUL

still you may laugh when you are soaking up the sun
many miles away in oz
when you could meet a nice blond surfie dude

keep your chin up
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally posted by thebarkers
that is AWFUL

still you may laugh when you are soaking up the sun
many miles away in oz
when you could meet a nice blond surfie dude

keep your chin up
Hey thebarkers,

Thanks for this little word. yeah pretty awful isnt it? but i am intelligent (which seems scary for some), pretty good looking i guess and ambitious! he didnt like that (and my ankle neigher ;-) )

ps: i prefer them with brown hair and green eyes... anyone? oh, and tall, I am 1.78 (5.10)!!!

Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:29 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Arghh! Poor you!

I really don't know what to say. Can't help either....

How close are you to the people in Switzerland? If not close, I guess you could go sooner rather than later...wasting time otherwise...???
If close, good friends etc, stay a while for the support...
Well, I guess you have to stay at least 6 weeks

Well, I know there's some guys on here that are single and going to Oz
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey simone,

Well, I am swiss and have ok friends where i live at the moment. However, they are also friends of my now "ex" (and were his first)... My parents dont live very far (2h drive but i cant drive with my ankle at the moment).

I need a few days to decide now! its will be quite harsh living in Verbier and seeing him around everywhere but i know i can get over it since this break up has definitly kick-started my own life!

thanks for your support and kind words!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by swissfabs
Hey thebarkers,

Thanks for this little word. yeah pretty awful isnt it? but i am intelligent (which seems scary for some), pretty good looking i guess and ambitious! he didnt like that (and my ankle neigher ;-) )

ps: i prefer them with brown hair and green eyes... anyone? oh, and tall, I am 1.78 (5.10)!!!

Hey Fabie

Really sorry to hear about your issues. I'm sure you'll sort yourself out....

Good luck

PS What do you call a 6 foot stallion with brown hair and green eyes who's hung like a Bramah Bull ?

Moi !

Oops! The wife's coming.....se ya !!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Innyjim
Hey Fabie

Really sorry to hear about your issues. I'm sure you'll sort yourself out....

Good luck

PS What do you call a 6 foot stallion with brown hair and green eyes who's hung like a Bramah Bull ?

Moi !

Oops! The wife's coming.....se ya !!

hehehe thanks it put a smile on my face!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 5:55 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Well that's really bad timing. Do whatever you need to do to get through this, and remember that in a few year's time you'll look back and laugh at it (hard to believe now, I know...)

As for what to do right now, as you say yourself, this is a kick-start. This is your life now, so do whatever you want to. On the assumption that your application is successful, you'll have that adventure waiting for you and it will occupy at least a few years of your life (let's hope), so this sounds like an ideal opportunity to fit something else in meanwhile, hence not spending the time in Oz.

Practically speaking though, wherever you are I expedct you'll need to be in touch with your case officer from time to time, and you might need to supply further info or documents, so there is something of a constraint there.

Whatever you choose to do, remember to move on!

Cheers and good luck!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

rajarajaraja is an unknown quantity at this point

Sry on what happened to you swissfabs,

You never know... maybe your ex will realize what a je*k he was and might come begging for you soon.

1) i tore my anlke ligaments on Sunday (real bad, aircast on and crutches for 6 weeks, and right foot ressembling a pig's foot)

2) my partner of 4 years left me today, out of the blue, because i guess he does not want to give me the security i would need... i guess its not as bad as it seems and i am sad but relieved in a way (wont go into details though)

but, the good thing is: i am the main applicant on the visa (skilled aus sponsored) so it doesnt change anything for my application. i just need to update DIMIA about the defacto not being defacto anymore...

thing is: we lodged application 2 months ago, and i was living with him in his hometown in switzerland. i guess i have another good 6 months to wait and a job I am not passionate about, that i just accepted to be there with him.

I called my migration lawyer this morning and explained the whole situation. she is going to check up my file to know if there is anything we could do to fasten the procedure or let me go to oz now and work something out so i dont need to be on a tourist visa for the rest of the year. She also said that removing my partner of the application (skilled aus sponsored) might things go faster (as there would be no need for the Case Officer to look into the defacto side of the application). has anyone experienced this?

1) leaving and go teach English (i am a celta trained teacher) and learn Mandarin in China (i am (also) a tourism graduate and Mandarin would really be an asset for my resume)
2) wait another 6 months and keep working in switzerland (i live in a resort of about 1'000 people where everyone knows each other). remember, i am a girl, and a pretty emotional one...

Anyway, just wanted to share these news with my wonderful virtual friends of this forum. Maybe one of you will have a wise idea and experienced the same thing and would know if there is an option with any visa. (i was thinking about a bridging visa since i just finished my studies in oz but i guess as the application has already been sent in being an overseas one it wont be possible).

Cheers for reading...

fabie
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:05 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for reading...

fabie
fabie,

OMG - how awful.

Firstly, as far as you're ankle is concerned you're in the right place to get treatment. My friend lives in Laupen (20 miles from Zurich) and although docs charge like a wounded bull, she says service is faultless. How is the ankle by the way?

As far as your ex partner is concerned (b*****d), us girlies don't need men to fulfil our ambitions in life. You go for it...

BTW is there nothing you don't know?; you can teach english, you can master the art of mandarin, a tourism graduate, RESPECT!!

D D
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind words! my ankle is a tiny bit less swollen today but my heart is worse! i am due back to Verbier today and see what happens. I dread being in such a small place and seeing the "ex" everywhere!

Havent decided on china or staying yet!

oxoxxo

fabie
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your kind words! my ankle is a tiny bit less swollen today but my heart is worse! i am due back to Verbier today and see what happens. I dread being in such a small place and seeing the "ex" everywhere!

Havent decided on china or staying yet!

oxoxxo

fabie
Fabie
You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a prince
Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:53 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to say ....
Go Girl !!!!
Really admire you you sound so strong.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say that we are all here for you. Good luck when you go back. Hold your head high, you've done nothing wrong and have as much right to be there as your ex. I hope you get to hear some good news from Oz soon.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
My brother lives in China, he went for 6 months 4 years ago and never came back. He picked up mandarin very easily in about 6 months and has a fantastic life out there (Shanghai).
Hope it all works out for you,
Michaela x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.