Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of shipping pets

Cost of shipping pets

Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Cost of shipping pets

Hi all, want to start finding out what needs to be done to ship our dog to oz when the times right. Also would like to hear from anyone that has shipped their dog/s to oz. We will be taking our dog Maisey with us, she is a small/medium sized springer spaniel and we would like to know how much you have paid to have your dogs shipped, thanks.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:01 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of shipping pets

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi all, want to start finding out what needs to be done to ship our dog to oz when the times right. Also would like to hear from anyone that has shipped their dog/s to oz. We will be taking our dog Maisey with us, she is a small/medium sized springer spaniel and we would like to know how much you have paid to have your dogs shipped, thanks.
We shipped 4 dogs.

We used Golden Arrow, funny bunch in herefordshire ... but did the job.

Cost approx 20k aussie for 4 giants

Will depend on weight of dog, not size of container, or is it other way round or combination of both
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bradburns
A bloody lot of money, more than our 4 adult tickets put together!!!

£120. Permit
£2300. Airpets
£300. Vets (blood test)
$400 quarratine

Ouch

Still wouldnt want to be without her tho.
BTW she is a 1 1/2 yr old german shepherd.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mum01753
A bloody lot of money, more than our 4 adult tickets put together!!!

£120. Permit
£2300. Airpets
£300. Vets (blood test)
$400 quarratine

Ouch

Still wouldnt want to be without her tho.
BTW she is a 1 1/2 yr old german shepherd.
How come your quarantine was so cheep? Ours was $800 for a 5 year old GSD!
Tracie
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough

It has been suggested that we use an agent as they do , and I quote, "everything -exept your personal vet fees".....anyone used an agent and any suggestions as to who is the BEST to use??
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graff
It has been suggested that we use an agent as they do , and I quote, "everything -exept your personal vet fees".....anyone used an agent and any suggestions as to who is the BEST to use??
an agent for pets??

Just do it yourself with the pet shipper...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
How come your quarantine was so cheep? Ours was $800 for a 5 year old GSD!
Tracie
Sorry you are right i was thinking of about £400. not dollars.

Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
an agent for pets??

Just do it yourself with the pet shipper...
I think they must mean the shipper but just used the name agent.

My GSD is going with airpets.

www.airpets.co.uk
Old Oct 29th 2007, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough

yep...thats what I ment, we have been quoted £1600-£1800 for our two yorkie crosses (bout the size as a small jack russel) by Airpets
does that sound about right??
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi our cocker spaniel is costing about £1170 + permit £120 +quarantine thats with jets 4 pets vet has cost us £62 so far for blood test, injections wormer tabs and frontline stuff (think they might of made a mistake adding up) but then she will need some more stuff doing nearer the time.

Have been quoted $293 for her to fly from Sydney up to Brisbane through dog tainers, jets4pets have organised that.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Graff
yep...thats what I ment, we have been quoted £1600-£1800 for our two yorkie crosses (bout the size as a small jack russel) by Airpets
does that sound about right??
TBH i did get cheaper quote from overhill kennels but took my GSD to airpets as it is just 15mins away from us they measured her but what really made a differance was being there and seeing how the set up was.

The people were great and we were given a tour around shown the crates and the food they feed the animals.

She gave us great advise and spent a lot of time with us.

One good thing she advised us of was to buy some bedding for the dog called "vet bed" it is a fleece type of material with a kind of rubber backing so that if the dog wets then they wont be sitting in it, this goes in the bottom of the crate.

Also buy it early so the animal gets theirs and yours smells on it for comfort, you can buy it from ebay thats where i got mine and she does love it, ive put on top of her cushion.

Anyway rambled abit there sorry.

Just wanted to say its not always about price knowing your animal with be well looked after is more value.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Sorry you are right i was thinking of about £400. not dollars.

Theres me thinking I was ripped off
We brought our GSD with Golden arrow, no problems and all in all I think it cost somewhere between 3 and a half to 4 thousand. She was fine on the journey but since getting here has developed Allergies, which basically means she is allergic to everything. Thank got we got her insured or it would have cost us a small fortune
Tracie
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Theres me thinking I was ripped off
We brought our GSD with Golden arrow, no problems and all in all I think it cost somewhere between 3 and a half to 4 thousand. She was fine on the journey but since getting here has developed Allergies, which basically means she is allergic to everything. Thank got we got her insured or it would have cost us a small fortune
Tracie
Do you get insurance there then?

Which companys do it?

We have ours insured here and think it is well worth the £16. pm.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
Banned

Do you get insurance there then?

Which companys do it?

We have ours insured here and think it is well worth the £16. pm.
example:

http://www.insuranceline.com.au/pet/pet_plan_index.php
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Cheers, will look later they are updatin site at the mo.

Your pic is a bit scarey but not as scarey as Vim tho. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.