Cost of moving

Old May 6th 2010, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Miss.A.C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of moving

Hello everyone,
I am planning a move to Aus in December. My boyfriend is Australian and we are moving to his home City. I am really excited about the adventure but I am worried about my belongings. I have a two bedroom appartment full of furniture and although I am happy to sell much of it (TV's, sofas, fridge, freezer, etc) there are certain items that I need to take as they have sentimental value, such as paintings, C.D's, and my large collection of clothes and shoes. I have been investigating the tranportation options and even though I am completing the online forms I am yet to receive a quote. Does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to ship a box of perhaps 1 metre cubed in dimentions?
Old May 6th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice
Default Re: Cost of moving

Originally Posted by Miss.A.C
Hello everyone,
I am planning a move to Aus in December. My boyfriend is Australian and we are moving to his home City. I am really excited about the adventure but I am worried about my belongings. I have a two bedroom appartment full of furniture and although I am happy to sell much of it (TV's, sofas, fridge, freezer, etc) there are certain items that I need to take as they have sentimental value, such as paintings, C.D's, and my large collection of clothes and shoes. I have been investigating the tranportation options and even though I am completing the online forms I am yet to receive a quote. Does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to ship a box of perhaps 1 metre cubed in dimentions?
It will probably depend on the company but we have had 15 boxes (including two toy chests) collected by the guys at Anglo Pacific last week and the shipping plus insurance and delivery is £780 - which for us is below the budgeted amount we set. We don't know how good they are yet as the goods are only just in process of being shipped but the guy i dealt with on the phone and email was excellent and made me feel at ease...

All the best!

Griffangus
Old May 6th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

stuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enoughstuart.and.michelle will become famous soon enough

We're using Crown Removals to move the majority of our gear (we're in a 3 bed semi with conservatory) and its costing £3800 not including insurance. Insurance is around 3-3.5% of however much you think your belongings are worth.
Old May 19th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by stuart.and.michelle
We're using Crown Removals to move the majority of our gear (we're in a 3 bed semi with conservatory) and its costing £3800 not including insurance. Insurance is around 3-3.5% of however much you think your belongings are worth.
Hi there are you using Crown for your insurance as they do seem more expensive?