Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of living in perth????

cost of living in perth????

Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

shaheen09 will become famous soon enoughshaheen09 will become famous soon enough
Default cost of living in perth????

hello all,

i would like to have an idea how much is the cost of living in perth.

for example

whats the average salary
shopping
bills
car
diesel
road tax

basically everything you need for everyday life

ofcourse we will be renting at first, my son is already telling me what kind of house he would like to live in, it has to have a pool.i keep telling him its not a holiday and that we are moving there permanently.
so any ideas wil be great

thanks
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:46 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of living in perth????

Hi Shaheen09, have a look through the site using the search function, there are quite a few detailed breakdowns of cost of living to be found !!

welcome to BE.

Mark
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

shaheen09 will become famous soon enoughshaheen09 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by markallwood
Hi Shaheen09, have a look through the site using the search function, there are quite a few detailed breakdowns of cost of living to be found !!

welcome to BE.

Mark
hi mark, thanks for the reply.there are so much to think about i just can't get my head round all of this planning.we have been talking about moving since last august but now we have finally made up our mind.so fingers cross.

shaheen
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaheen09
hello all,

for example

whats the average salary Anywhere from $35-150k
shopping Depends on how much you buy
bills Depends on consumption
car What kind of car? Range from $10-80k new
diesel Currently about $150L
road tax Depends on your vehicle

ofcourse we will be renting at first, my son is already telling me what kind of house he would like to live in, it has to have a pool.i keep telling him its not a holiday and that we are moving there permanently.

thanks
This is such an open ended question it's impossible for anyone to answer without some more input from you. As was suggested, try the search function for dozens of threads on this exact thing.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

I will give u an idea..EXPENSIVE...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noggin
Make that VERY EXPENSIVE!!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Is it really that expensive? We are planning on taking £30,000 with us to start our new life. We are renting to start withj so that money is for 2 cars and just to get a rental and poss a bit of furniture. Does that sound enough???
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

But worth it for a lot of people

Moving your family countries is never a cheap option these days. The set up costs are scary enough.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Yeah..only one bad thing about Australia......australians..YUK!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Yeah..only one bad thing about Australia......australians..YUK!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:33 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonn
Is it really that expensive? We are planning on taking £30,000 with us to start our new life. We are renting to start withj so that money is for 2 cars and just to get a rental and poss a bit of furniture. Does that sound enough???
COL in Australia is roughly similar to the UK.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amazulu
COL in Australia is roughly similar to the UK.
you are all scaring me, don't know what to do?????????????
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sonn
This is more than enough to get started if you can find jobs within a resonable amount of time.
The definition of an 'expensive cost of living' will vary from person to person. Person A might think $450 a week is expensive, person B might think this is fine.

Personally I dont think it is an expensive place to live nor do the friends I have living in Perth.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

hello all,

for example

whats the average salary
shopping
bills
car
diesel
road tax

thanks
This link will give you an idea of food costs, on the right handside at the top of the home page is the catalogue link, if you don't know any of the postcodes in Perth just click on the forgot postcode link and select a suburb for WA.

http://www.coles.com.au/
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

you are all scaring me, don't know what to do?????????????
I've sent you a PM with a stack of links to help you work out the costs. Wasn't sure if I could post them all here as there are quite a few!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.