Wikiposts

cost of living

Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of living

As I suspected I was too slow and she's done it herself
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:33 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I've sent you a pm
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:53 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Has it turned out ok?

If it hasn't at least she can't blame you
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I've sent you a pm

Thanks Anne, have replied
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Has it turned out ok?

If it hasn't at least she can't blame you

It has, thank you God . Looks lovely too. Wish I was so brave.
Only thing is now she's saying she might have it blue next time :scared:
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

autra will become famous soon enoughautra will become famous soon enough

It has, thank you God . Looks lovely too. Wish I was so brave.
Only thing is now she's saying she might have it blue next time :scared:
is this all about the cost of living
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by autra
is this all about the cost of living
Yes cos it wouldn't half have took a chunk out of me savings if she'd got it done at the hairdressers :scared:
(that would be if I had any to start with )

T
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janeyray
You can wave bye bye to all that then, once you get to OZ.

Honestly though, if you have what seems to me a comfortable life here in the Uk why bother to move to the other side of the world and struggle for the next five years to get to anywhere near that standard in OZ?

We had comfortable lives too here in the UK before we left to go to OZ. We found it a struggle to earn anywhere near a decent wage for a family of only three. There are people on this website though that live otherwise and have 'found their fortune' out there. If not in wealth in being somewhere they love.

For us, we weren't prepared to spend the next few years struggling on hubbys poxy wage $480 approx take home a week (it was 2003/4) and my cash in hand job $100 a week. So we came back and slipped straight into good jobs, hubbys been promoted and we are even better off than when we left for OZ in 2003, no years of struggling just to earn a decent living.
thank you for your reply you say you found it hard were did you stay and wot type of industry were you in, do you miss oz and did you find hard to settle back here
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: cost of living

Yes cos it wouldn't half have took a chunk out of me savings if she'd got it done at the hairdressers :scared:
(that would be if I had any to start with )

T
ok sorry hair, got it
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

ok sorry hair, got it
While we're on the subject have you seen how much it costs to get your hair done in Australia there was a thread recently ( nothing about hairdressers) that got on about how much a cut and highlights costs. OMG, I am in the wrong job. I think I'll have to start a new skinhead trend when I go over there . Either that or become a hippy
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

While we're on the subject have you seen how much it costs to get your hair done in Australia there was a thread recently ( nothing about hairdressers) that got on about how much a cut and highlights costs. OMG, I am in the wrong job. I think I'll have to start a new skinhead trend when I go over there . Either that or become a hippy
it not cheep here , in fact i think it a rip off were ever you are,
after finding this site 2 days ago and reading every ones messages on all different subjects all over the world, i think someone should just press the red button. and then we wouldn't need to bother about or hair.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

it not cheep here , in fact i think it a rip off were ever you are,
after finding this site 2 days ago and reading every ones messages on all different subjects all over the world, i think someone should just press the red button. and then we wouldn't need to bother about or hair.
No, I think that's a bit drastic. At least let me get to Australia. I've been waiting to go for long enough
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

ok my thourghts to all , if the cost of living is not good , but the quality of life is great, and the schools are not good, unless you pay private, which is hard due to the cost of living, whot prospects are there for the children once they grow up,
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ok my thourghts to all , if the cost of living is not good , but the quality of life is great, and the schools are not good, unless you pay private, which is hard due to the cost of living, whot prospects are there for the children once they grow up,

Good point that has been raised before. Probably about as good as they are here if we're realistic.

Unfortunately things have become so astronomically priced (particularly housing)that it has made it difficult for our children in the future.

But, and this is only from what I have read on here so don't shoot me down :scared:, at least Australia isn't as materialistic as the UK. I don't think that there is so much pressure to buy into the housing market as there is here.

In fact, it is cheaper to rent over there than it is to buy, which is the opposite to here.

Tracey
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Good point that has been raised before. Probably about as good as they are here if we're realistic.

Unfortunately things have become so astronomically priced (particularly housing)that it has made it difficult for our children in the future.

But, and this is only from what I have read on here so don't shoot me down :scared:, at least Australia isn't as materialistic as the UK. I don't think that there is so much pressure to buy into the housing market as there is here.

In fact, it is cheaper to rent over there than it is to buy, which is the opposite to here.

Tracey
having an 18yr old daughter who is in a full time position here in the UK , she finds it very hard to pay car insurance , petrol , nights out , etc , some of her friends have already gone to Melbourne, and have reported back that they are more materialistic about cars, ( the best) and the girls are size conscious more than here, but there wages give them more spending power to entertainment etc.
swings and roundabouts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.