Wikiposts

cost of living

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Derek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura about
Default cost of living

Hi, I am looking at emegrating to Bendigo Australia can you let me what you think of the area, what is the cost of living like compaired to the UK.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of living

Hi

Try getting in touch with 'Hels'. She lives in Bendigo (and is an Aussie).

I like Bendigo (altho only really been for a handful of short visits/passing thru so don't know a whole lot about the place!)- nice for a rural town and only 130k from Melbourne. What made you choose Bendigo?

Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Derek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Hi

Try getting in touch with 'Hels'. She lives in Bendigo (and is an Aussie).

I like Bendigo (altho only really been for a handful of short visits/passing thru so don't know a whole lot about the place!)- nice for a rural town and only 130k from Melbourne. What made you choose Bendigo?

Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Chose Bendigo through look, someone I know is out there and got me an interview, been offered the job and am comming out to have a look in 2 weeks, if all is well will be moving out in th next few months.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by Derek Clarke
Hi, I am looking at emegrating to Bendigo Australia can you let me what you think of the area, what is the cost of living like compaired to the UK.
Hi Derek,

We hope to move to Bendigo (when our visa is granted, soon I hope). We stayed there last year, were made very welcome by everyone we met and were well impressed by how clean and tidy the place is.

We only stayed there for 8 days and found our shopping (food) bill was slightly less than here but with less choice. The CBD seemed to offer plenty of shopping, again very clean and with no big crowds. We saw plenty of open spaces and parks for kids to play in and loads of new build areas with a variety of builders.

I would think Hels will contact or reply to you on Tuesday when she gets back to work after the bank holiday. She has been really helpful to us and will be able to answer your questions better than me. Keep in touch, PM us if you want......Kev & Hazel
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Hi Derek,

We hope to move to Bendigo (when our visa is granted, soon I hope). We stayed there last year, were made very welcome by everyone we met and were well impressed by how clean and tidy the place is.

We only stayed there for 8 days and found our shopping (food) bill was slightly less than here but with less choice. The CBD seemed to offer plenty of shopping, again very clean and with no big crowds. We saw plenty of open spaces and parks for kids to play in and loads of new build areas with a variety of builders.

I would think Hels will contact or reply to you on Tuesday when she gets back to work after the bank holiday. She has been really helpful to us and will be able to answer your questions better than me. Keep in touch, PM us if you want......Kev & Hazel
Kev / Hazel,

Have you any recomendations of places to stay in Bendigo. I have now booked my flights go in 2 weeks. There will be 2 addults and 2 children (11) and (13).

Derek
Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by Derek Clarke
Kev / Hazel,

Have you any recomendations of places to stay in Bendigo. I have now booked my flights go in 2 weeks. There will be 2 addults and 2 children (11) and (13).

Derek

Derek

Lucky you, going in 2 weeks.

When we went over in October last year we searched the web for accomodation and liked the sound of '420 High' Holiday Units. Although the website didn't have any pictures we decided to book it and see.

The accommodation was a bit dated, but we had a double bedroom with ensuite shower, a second bedroom with a bunk bed and single bed, lounge-diner-kitchen, utility room, separate shower room and toilet. The place was very clean and there were fresh clean sheets and towels in the rooms. We will definately stay there again when we go for our big move later this year.

Their e-mail address is [email protected] I tried to look for their website but I couldn't find it. If you do a search for holiday apartments there are absolutely loads of them in Bendigo. It was quite funny when we got there because we saw all the places that we had seen on the web. It felt like we knew the place.

Anyway, hope you have a fab time over there. Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Hazel