Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cost of flying my lovely dog to Bribane!!!

Cost of flying my lovely dog to Bribane!!!

Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

kaye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of flying my lovely dog to Bribane!!!

Hi
Im moving to Brisbane soon and wondered wethe any could help me out with a few queries regarding my dog bouncer(yes I now that was the name of the dog on neighbours) im going to get some stick about that aren't I).
Anyway I have had a quote from animal airlines for £3200. This seems awfully expensive. Has anyone else had any quotes? and are they so expensive?
Thnks
Kaye
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost of flying my lovely dog to Bribane!!!

Originally Posted by kaye
Hi
Im moving to Brisbane soon and wondered wethe any could help me out with a few queries regarding my dog bouncer(yes I now that was the name of the dog on neighbours) im going to get some stick about that aren't I).
Anyway I have had a quote from animal airlines for £3200. This seems awfully expensive. Has anyone else had any quotes? and are they so expensive?
Thnks
Kaye
Hi it all depends on the size of yr dog ours is costing us £3340 thats flights and all permits. But we'll still have to pay blood tests in uk which our vet said about £400, quarantine fees in oz and other fees on entry to oz that only one company told us about these dont come to a lot but it all adds up. We are going to us Golden arrows got the best feel about them.

Lorna
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:53 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

hi my mate has a bullmastiff and is struggling to get a carrier no one will take him because it is classed as a snub nosed dog also its a big mutt i dont think he will be expecting to pay that much(3200)
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivorfatarse
hi my mate has a bullmastiff and is struggling to get a carrier no one will take him because it is classed as a snub nosed dog also its a big mutt i dont think he will be expecting to pay that much(3200)
Not sure if there are any airlines left that will carry them now - something to do with potential breathing difficulties.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:19 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaye
Hi
Thnks
Kaye
Try www.airpets.co.uk for a quote. They were awesome with ours and didnt come in that expensive. Seem to recall it was about GBP 2,500. So yes, its a case of a couple of thousand at least but naturally worth every penny/cent
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

mickandtrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately Airpets - my two small dogs are just landing in Sydney at the moment and I used them. They picked the dogs up from my home and the crate next to them in the van was for a bullmastif, so worth getting a quote from them. We chose the gold service which was £1995.00 plus quarentine costs on top but they came to our house to do blood tests had results back in five days then back to the house for pre flight checks and the crates were fine aswell. So far so good.

Tracey
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

How long will the dog have to stay in quarantine? Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is almpost 3 yrs old but has a heart murmur, im not sure he can take the stress of not being with us

Last edited by Dreamer; Aug 31st 2007 at 1:24 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
How long will the dog have to stay in quarentine? Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is almpost 3 yrs old but has a heart murmur, im not sure he can take the stress of not being with us
Hi its 30 days quarantine

Lorna
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi its 30 days quarantine

Lorna
I didn't think a pet from the UK would need to spend time in quarantine

Can anyone who's already been through the experience explain what it's like? Are you able to visit the pet whilst it's in quarantine