Cost

Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost

hi all

just wondering if any of you have decided to take your car/motorbike over to Oz with you..

if so ir even if you havnt but know how much does this cost?

cheers all
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you don't have a lot of other possessions to take a car can fit into a 40ft container which seems to average around £4500 to ship out. The other main costs are the cleaning and the taxes that they charge you to import it into the country.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:29 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Cost

Originally posted by laverda
hi all

just wondering if any of you have decided to take your car/motorbike over to Oz with you..

if so ir even if you havnt but know how much does this cost?

cheers all
eh-up.

i've been thinking about this a lot myself, but have decided to leave my beloved bike at home, (flogging it to my dad!! i hope!) and my car isn't worth the effort.

the cost of shipping, the taxes and modifications to auzzerize it just don't stack up against the cost of buying a new one on arrival.

the decision now is to whether or not i can afford a bike and a car when i get there, or if i can survive with just a bike!! it's a head and heart thing, my heads says no chance, buy a car! my heart says stuff the car! you'll enjoy the bike more!!..... meanwhile i'm just sat here waiting for them to come to an agreement.

it all depends on how much you're going to loose selling and buying new compared to shipped and the extras involved.

sorry i can't be of any help.

Leigh
Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have any hints on selling a car. i have advertised it in local paper and phoned a few dealers but apparently no-one buying at moment becasue reducing stocks for year end.

i am a little anxious about this as i fly in 10 days and didn't expect to have my renault megane scenic parked on the drive still

any tips or advice?
Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:20 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Coventry
does anyone have any hints on selling a car. i have advertised it in local paper and phoned a few dealers but apparently no-one buying at moment becasue reducing stocks for year end.

i am a little anxious about this as i fly in 10 days and didn't expect to have my renault megane scenic parked on the drive still

any tips or advice?

http://www.desperateseller.co.uk/index.html