Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Corgi Registered

Corgi Registered

Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all
Default Corgi Registered

Hi, does anyone know the equivalent body in Australia for registered gas fitters, and whether corgi is recognised or transferable without major re-assessment ?
I tried to find out on a recent visit but just seemed unable to find a listing anywhere for a gas governing body. Some company adverts had a number displayed but no wording. Thanks.
Chris.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:25 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corgi Registered

Originally Posted by chrisling
Hi, does anyone know the equivalent body in Australia for registered gas fitters, and whether corgi is recognised or transferable without major re-assessment ?
I tried to find out on a recent visit but just seemed unable to find a listing anywhere for a gas governing body. Some company adverts had a number displayed but no wording. Thanks.
Chris.
i`m pretty sure its done on a state by state basis as per the electrical licencing, so which stare do you intend to move too ??
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

I am probably going near the gold coast so north NSW or SE Queensland.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

mark-vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Corgi Registered

hi, it is state to state ,but your in date corgi is recognised and i have herd it can be transfered quite easy, when you are working for a company !
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:10 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

I am probably going near the gold coast so north NSW or SE Queensland.
Can only comment on South Australia, but CORGI registration is recognised but the licensing authority OCBA will only issue you with a work under direct supervision licence. You will then need to provide more written evidence of your qualifications and experience, thru references and appropriate certification. You will need to undergo an interview with TAFE regarding your experience and skills level in the UK to obtain recognition of prior learning. On completion of this you may need to complete some further gap training depending on which gas modules you were certified for in the UK as in Australia there is no fragmentation of licence. You have to be approved in all areas, such as LPG, domestic cookers etc. If you do not have city and guilds plumbing you will need to provide a legal document stating that you have worked within the plumbing industry for more than four years. After another interview with TAFE you will be issued with a 'plumbing under direct supervision licence.' You will then need to register for course AS3500 update which will get you a 'work under technical direction plumbers licence.' However, TAFE and OCBA do not work in partnership very well and nearly every UK gasfitter/plumber I have met has a different protracted and frustrated story to tell. So this information, for my experience in South Australia, can only be a guide.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

pommy will become famous soon enoughpommy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=chrisling;7019402]Hi, does anyone know the equivalent body in Australia for registered gas fitters, and whether corgi is recognised or transferable without major re-assessment ?
Chris.[/Q

my mate got his gas licence in a day the instructer said british plumbers have forgotten more about gas fitting than the aussie's know. did the coarse at a training center near the gabba in brisbane. he was corgi regesterd .
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Chris.
Hi Chris, look at www.dme.qld.gov.au if all your qualifications are in date there should be no probs. They through a full licence at me and i didn,'t have cookers or LPG. Shame plumbing and Drainage is not so easy.

Good Luck
Old Nov 29th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the info everyone, I am apprentice trained as a fitter not plumber and have been corgi registered since 2005. I have done modules in lpg, commercial catering and commercial pipework as that is what I work on here in the UK. I am the registered installer for the company. My visa application is for a 175 and TRA gave me recognition as a fitter so I will do some research on the info you all gave me. Thanks again.
Chris.

P.S. Anyone looking for a fitter/gas fitter near the gold coast?? Just a thought lol.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

YOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really nice

Thanks for all the info everyone, I am apprentice trained as a fitter not plumber and have been corgi registered since 2005. I have done modules in lpg, commercial catering and commercial pipework as that is what I work on here in the UK. I am the registered installer for the company. My visa application is for a 175 and TRA gave me recognition as a fitter so I will do some research on the info you all gave me. Thanks again.
Chris.

P.S. Anyone looking for a fitter/gas fitter near the gold coast?? Just a thought lol.
You we need a electrical licience also especially for Com catering equipment a disconnection/reconnect and electrical inservice safety inspection + testing of electrical equipment (as/nzs 3760, as/nzs 3000) these are equal to 17th edition elec and inservice testing (PAT) CITY AND GUILDS 2377 AND CITY AND GUILDS BS7671 YOU CAN DO THESE HERE IN A WEEK IF YOU HAVE INDUSTRY EXPERIANCE ABOUT £850.00. Good look were going to QLD Brizzie to work as comm catering engineer for a equipment manuf it took an age to find someone to take me on but the wait was worth it, Gas work is still a minor role it seems, All the best maybe we will cross paths in the not too distant future
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Best of luck mate,be prepared for a long...............long......................long wait...............
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm, more waiting, I'm getting good at it now lol.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi all
just wondering if anyone knows , i am a plumber hopefully coming over to melbourne in the next 6 - 12 months ( have passed vetassess just waiting on visa ) have not got corgi yet over here for one reason or another . seeing as it seems pretty easy to transfer corgi over there has got me thinking to go for corgi before going and then to transfer question is will it be worth it money wise . i have the time to do it over here but do not want to spend a fortune over here to find it cheaper / easier to pass over there
any input would be greatly appreciated

steve