Coomera Waters

Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Spiral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coomera Waters

We're thinking about buying in this area and would love the low-down from people who already live there and know the ins and outs.

Not really interested in the gated areas, or anything that's run by a body corp so I guess that takes us away from the water.

What are the facilities like? not interested in schools at this stage, more like shops, doctors, restaurants etc. does it get full of tourists in the summer, does it flood, what are the mozzies and other wildlife like, what sort of people live there, is it reasonably safe and secure, what's happening with the property prices, is the Westfield Mall going to be built - that sort of thing.

All comments are welcome, good and bad. You can send me a private message if you prefer.

Thanks!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 1:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coomera Waters

I doubt if any tourists go to Coomera Waters?
Old Feb 27th 2012, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

It wouldn't get tourists as its a bit off the beaten track, was looking across the water at it from Sanctuary Cove at the weekend, the waterfront bit looks OK but small blocks I think. Thing that would put me off is there are no bridges over the coomera river until you get back to the freeway so looks a small trek to get in/out.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Totally agree with other posts. Went their about 2 years ago to look around, seem to remember their was 2 restaurants (one was takeaway) and small corner shop. It's off the beaten track doubt their is any good public transport their, train station is about 10kms inland by the pacific motorway. During the week the place is deserted as it's just a commuter suburb.

I cannot imagine they would build a Westfield their as it is so out of the way and no way would I consider it a tourist destination. Not been back since and don't intend to.

Suspect house prices would be cheaper than on GC due to location and maybe chance to get a cheap waterfront property.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spiral
We're thinking about buying in this area and would love the low-down from people who already live there and know the ins and outs.

Not really interested in the gated areas, or anything that's run by a body corp so I guess that takes us away from the water.

What are the facilities like? not interested in schools at this stage, more like shops, doctors, restaurants etc. does it get full of tourists in the summer, does it flood, what are the mozzies and other wildlife like, what sort of people live there, is it reasonably safe and secure, what's happening with the property prices, is the Westfield Mall going to be built - that sort of thing.

All comments are welcome, good and bad. You can send me a private message if you prefer.

Thanks!
Well if you don't want anything not run by a body corp that rules out the whole of Coomera Waters then! Every house on there has to pay towards it, each 'area' of houses has separate priced body corps, and they aren't cheap either! The only time you don't pay is if you rent! Big chunk on top of your mortgage too It can range from $40 to well over $100 a week depending usually on how many properties are in each 'area' and where it's situated. No way I'd pay that much money to be told to hide my bins and only allow visitors to park in designated areas!!!

Last edited by curly; Feb 27th 2012 at 12:29 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Totally agree with other posts. Went their about 2 years ago to look around, seem to remember their was 2 restaurants (one was takeaway) and small corner shop. It's off the beaten track doubt their is any good public transport their, train station is about 10kms inland by the pacific motorway. During the week the place is deserted as it's just a commuter suburb.

I cannot imagine they would build a Westfield their as it is so out of the way and no way would I consider it a tourist destination. Not been back since and don't intend to.

Suspect house prices would be cheaper than on GC due to location and maybe chance to get a cheap waterfront property.
Train station is actually 4.5km from Coomera Waters. Foxwell Road is just a long road and seems like 10km
Oh and Coomera Waters is on the GC
Coomera Town centre has been passed for the go-ahead, when it will be started is anyone's guess!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Spiral is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure Curly? I thought it would just be the gated streets and the area beyond the gate house (near the water) that was body corp'd.

It's only a 5 min drive to the station which is better than where we are now.

It would be lovely to be able to speak to someone who lives there.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

Are you sure Curly? I thought it would just be the gated streets and the area beyond the gate house (near the water) that was body corp'd.

I live fairly close (as the crow flies anyway), can't speak for Body Corp but I have occasionally taken the train from Coomera station to work in Brisbane, seems to be standing room only by the time the train gets there, from about 5:30AM to 9:00ish, so much so that on the occasions I need to take the train I now go from Helensvale, better chance of getting a seat.

Where do you live now, might be useful for a comparison, also what attracts you to Coomera Waters in particular? I know during the recent heavy rains quite a bit of Coomera flooded, not sure if it was Coomera waters though (saw it on the local news).
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:32 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I had this idea that a sea change would be good and lived at Coomera, very briefly, about ten years ago.

It wasn't a sea change and I wouldn't go back - but then Coomera Waters might be a different kettle of fish.

Here are a couple of links. A quick google would probably provide a few more.

Good Luck with wherever you decide to settle.

http://www.coomerawaters.org.au/index.cfm?MenuID=89

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/suburb...suburbID=37724
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coldbeer
I live fairly close (as the crow flies anyway), can't speak for Body Corp but I have occasionally taken the train from Coomera station to work in Brisbane, seems to be standing room only by the time the train gets there, from about 5:30AM to 9:00ish, so much so that on the occasions I need to take the train I now go from Helensvale, better chance of getting a seat.

Where do you live now, might be useful for a comparison, also what attracts you to Coomera Waters in particular? I know during the recent heavy rains quite a bit of Coomera flooded, not sure if it was Coomera waters though (saw it on the local news).
P.S. By fairly close I mean Hope Island
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes. Ring any RE agent and they'll fill you in.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 9:55 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure Curly?
I spent 6 months in Coomera Waters (Piccolo St) in 2006/7, and altho we rented, body corp was paid for this place. A figure of $35 springs to mind!

Foxwell Rd drove us mad as altho it's not long, it does seem to take forever to get to the end of it. This is before all the acreage is sold off and trillions more rooftops are put there, along with the traffic ... Heading towards Coomera Waters from the highway, the last k or so is 60KPH and you get police hiding behind trees as 60 is just pathetic! ... easy an 80 KPH road, but as I say you have to sit on your 65KPH in case! ...

Saying that did enjoy it there. Was nice to walk the dog at night round the estate, felt very safe! At the time there was a few pools, a few gym's, a few BBQ area's etc but I think phase II has been done now ?!? ... prob more!

Never used it, but you could get a small ferry/boat over to Sanctuary Cove for a night and catch the return after a few!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

I have lived in Coomera Waters for 2.5 years now with a bit of a break when my partner and I split.

I rented for a year, then bought some land and then had to sell it (at a loss due to GFC).

Now back there and about to buy a house in a gated area.

CW is not for everyone, its the right time to buy as house prices have dropped a hell of a lot. Everyone (except renters pays body corp, ours was about 900 a quarter for Natures Retreat, some on the water are more expensive).

Its a safe alternative and thats why I like it, yes its quiet, crime is very very low, security patrols are what your body corp pays for, and resort maintenance so its not as if you are pissing it away. I live 20 metres from the rec pool, 150m from the tavern and love the place, drive to the train station each day and jump on the train to Brissy in an hour. The new shopping centre will hopefully boost house prices so I would suggest having a serious look.

In terms of entertainment, you make your own, the tav is ok although not as busy as it should be looking at where it is (the TAB is on the water, got to the have best view out of a TAB in australia). Foods ok, bar staff are friendly, most of them and there is a bottleo, super vga and a big chemist. (Although he is a parking nazi).

Couple of rec centres, mozzies can be a pain if you are by the water like we are. They get sprayed every month or so by helicopter but that seems to make them worse sometimes. Stay on the right side of CW if you are buying as the left is looking a little tired now. You can also do some deals on plots as the main backer was in financial trouble.

People are nice, nice lifestyle, BBQs on the man made beach, beers in the TAV, exercise (sort of), its just out of the way a bit but for some, thats its appeal. I like Hope Island and Sanctuary Cove too, although they are mainly villa style areas in the gated communities and you only have to go 5k down the road and the pleasantness changes a lot (same as over the freeway from CW).

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Cheers
Sean

PS The water taxi doesnt run anymore, but a few places do pick up via mini bus and take you to their watering holes