Wikiposts

Cookies !!!

Old Jun 14th 2004, 10:58 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cookies !!!

Could the bloody owners of this site, insist from their advertisers that COOKIE tracing is disabled.

Further to similar posts, recently. I have again today run another full system scan.

These tracking cookies an adware drive me bonkers, and its all un necessary !

for those without an adaware detection and removal proggy !

www.lavasoft.de

www.webroot.com

www.spybot.com

www.pestpatrol.com

Happy HUNTING !!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

clandfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cookies !!!

Yes,

i agree. within 10 minutes of posting i have had umpteen ad and spybots. had to run a full system scan, and found the little b******s in my system registry.

think i'll lay off the posts for a while
Old Jun 14th 2004, 11:21 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by clandfam
Yes,

i agree. within 10 minutes of posting i have had umpteen ad and spybots. had to run a full system scan, and found the little b******s in my system registry.

think i'll lay off the posts for a while

It makes me so mad, i know British Expats relies on funding from its google ads etc, but trust me the revenue generated via google IS HUGE !!!

Having addittional popups serves no purpose whatsoever, and whilst on the subject , at least the friggin Google ads are intuitive with the subject matter of the posts.

WHy the pop ups should remain baffles, me !!!
Old Jun 14th 2004, 11:38 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

*assumes broken record mode*

Don't use Internet Explorer. Use Mozilla, Opera or Firefox.

Problem ceases to be an issue and you get a great browser to boot.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:16 am
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, thats my answer too; I use FireFox

Try it folks, nothing to be scared of, its tabbed browsing is just perfect for reading all the threads on these forums.

www.mozilla.org - you just need to

Marko
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:22 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Yup, I'll yell for Opera again too.

Also, you know you don't need cookies enabled for this forum? There's a user option to retain logged-on id through the url instead. (Not sure how much that would ease the ad problem though.)

Personally I've got Opera set to disallow 3rd party cookies and not to use cookies to track password-protected pages.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Yup, I'll yell for Opera again too.

Also, you know you don't need cookies enabled for this forum? There's a user option to retain logged-on id through the url instead. (Not sure how much that would ease the ad problem though.)

Personally I've got Opera set to disallow 3rd party cookies and not to use cookies to track password-protected pages.

Tried loading Opera, but says CANNOT CONNECT !!

whats that all about ???

Could not connect to remote server !!

Ffs i aint gotta fuq about with proxy settings have i just to get the freakin thing to work !!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:07 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

Tried loading Opera, but says CANNOT CONNECT !!

whats that all about ???

Could not connect to remote server !!

Ffs i aint gotta fuq about with proxy settings have i just to get the freakin thing to work !!
Web's playing up today, I keep being unable to get to Google and various other sites. I don't think it's Opera. You shouldn't need to touch the proxy settings. Well, simple check: can you succeed with IE and fail with Opera at the same time?
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:10 am
Banned

Web's playing up today, I keep being unable to get to Google and various other sites. I don't think it's Opera. You shouldn't need to touch the proxy settings. Well, simple check: can you succeed with IE and fail with Opera at the same time?

Our nets playin up to

Installed Both Firefox and Opera.

Both are getting refused connections, although full access has been allowed thru firewalls

Arggghhh

And IE is working fine !!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:16 am
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Our nets playin up to

Installed Both Firefox and Opera.

Both are getting refused connections, although full access has been allowed thru firewalls

Arggghhh

And IE is working fine !!!!!
Bummer. Deduction: perhaps your IE has had its proxy settings fiddled with. Different port perhaps? What kind of firewall are you talking about? (Mind you I've never had firewall trouble with Opera, at home or at work.)

I know this is a getting a bit technical, but if others want to avoid IE then it might be better to keep it public. Mind you I know s*d all about firewalls!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 2:20 am
Banned

Bummer. Deduction: perhaps your IE has had its proxy settings fiddled with. Different port perhaps? What kind of firewall are you talking about? (Mind you I've never had firewall trouble with Opera, at home or at work.)

I know this is a getting a bit technical, but if others want to avoid IE then it might be better to keep it public. Mind you I know s*d all about firewalls!

Hmm well unfortuantely, and i know Opera hates networks. I do have a lan network and so proxy is set up thru IE to cope with the traffic on our computers etc.

However permissions are fairly lax, so im befuddled why it wont connect, its possibly just a fiddlyfingybob sumwhere

As such i will resort to ADD?REMOVE progs n ditched both Firefox and Opera
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:36 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Firefox is great and another bonus is it's not going to pick up trojans like IE which compromise the security of any on line banking you might do.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:44 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Timber, why do you have your firewall set to block *outgoing*HTTP connections?

A properly configured firewall should allow any user-initiated HTTP connection through.

Since Opera and Firefox use the same connection method IE uses, it's got me boggled how you have it all set up.

Seems to me you just like Internet Exploiter.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:31 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ulujain
Timber, why do you have your firewall set to block *outgoing*HTTP connections?

A properly configured firewall should allow any user-initiated HTTP connection through.

Since Opera and Firefox use the same connection method IE uses, it's got me boggled how you have it all set up.

Seems to me you just like Internet Exploiter.

I havent got it blocking >>>>>https's

I just installed it, and it asked to become default browser i said NOPE ! and it says unable to connect !!!

Weird ???
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

I've got Norton Internet Securtiy installed, this appears to stop all the annoying pop up ads from appearing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.