Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Convert Qualifications

Convert Qualifications

Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

ali2go2qld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I Convert Qualifications?

I am moving to Queensland in September this year.I was wondering if anyone knows how I go about converting my British qualifications in Plumbing into Australian qualifications at college, on which course and how long it lasts for so I can get Full Plumbing Licence.

Hope someone will help.

Thankyou

Ali

Last edited by ali2go2qld; Jan 12th 2010 at 7:24 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: Convert Qualifications

Not sure about plumbing qualifications but i had my academic qualifications converted by AEI-NOOSR, Australian Government, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace relations.

aei.gov.au/AEI/QualificationsRecognition

Hope this will help.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Convert Qualifications

search through some threads in the employment section, it is not easy for plumbers or electricians to just convert and start working for yourself straight away.

As I understand it there are more exams/courses to attend to get familiar & qualified with Oz codes and you have to work for another plumber (on crappy wages if used to working for yourself in UK) for a year before you can get your own full licence!

Can vary by state so depends on where you are heading too!

Good luck!