Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

contributory parent visas

contributory parent visas

Old Nov 27th 2003, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default contributory parent visas

does anyone know of anyone who has applied for this visa since the new legislation was passed i believe in june??
Old Nov 27th 2003, 11:41 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: contributory parent visas

Originally posted by thewoods
does anyone know of anyone who has applied for this visa since the new legislation was passed i believe in june??
Guilty as charged!

We actually were in the process of applying for a Retirement -410 visa when they announced the Contributory Parent one. We'd not really considered the Parent route because of the infinite waiting list.

So we carried on and received the -410 and applied for the CP on the first day. It appears that they have had fewer applications for that than there are places available for the first year and we are hopeful that - if we can get all the docs together - we will be lucky sometime not too distant.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am thinking of this route if my Mum wants to get out there. Do we have to be there 2 years frist before she applies or is it open to anyone? Can you remember the amount you have to contribute?

Thanks.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Hi,
can anyone explain how this visa works?
My parents are desperate to come with us or come out later?
Cheers
Marie
Old Nov 28th 2003, 4:03 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Details here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=265

Best regards.

Originally posted by neil&momo
Hi,
can anyone explain how this visa works?
My parents are desperate to come with us or come out later?
Cheers
Marie
Old Nov 28th 2003, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Details here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=265

Best regards.

Thanks Alan,
My parents would be fine under that catogory, trouble is I have 7 other brothers and sisters and they all live in the UK!
So unless they win the lotto they'll have to just visit as often as they can!
Thanks again
Marie
Old Nov 28th 2003, 10:50 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by neil&momo
Thanks Alan,
My parents would be fine under that catogory, trouble is I have 7 other brothers and sisters and they all live in the UK!
So unless they win the lotto they'll have to just visit as often as they can!
Thanks again
Marie
Don't think they would be fine - the "Balance of family" test would fail because of the other siblings.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Don't think they would be fine - the "Balance of family" test would fail because of the other siblings.
Sorry
didn't make myself clear!
I meant they'd be fine if it wasn't for all the family!!
Marie
Old Nov 28th 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I think we would be ok as My Mum is on her own and I only have 1 brother in the Uk. So she would pass the balance of family test.

She would have to pay $25 000 and a $10 000 bond. The thieving swines- talk about milk money from the oldies!!

Last edited by tinaj; Nov 28th 2003 at 7:40 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 7:15 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

It seems very unfair that Australia are only interested in you if you have pots of money. My mum is going to be devastated when I go, with my kids. She sees them every day at the moment. She is on income support, a pensioner. No chance for her. Its a shame Australia cant see past the dollars.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by cherry6
It seems very unfair that Australia are only interested in you if you have pots of money. My mum is going to be devastated when I go, with my kids. She sees them every day at the moment. She is on income support, a pensioner. No chance for her. Its a shame Australia cant see past the dollars.

The same for my Mum, but fortunately she has her house so would have to sell it to raise the bond money. You can apply for the other retiree visa but it can take years to come through.

It is a real wrench leaving your parents, but hopefully they understand that you are doing it for a better life.
Old Nov 28th 2003, 7:45 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Yes she understands, doesnt make it easier though. I have moved to Australia 3 times previously and come back, so this is the fourth time she has to say goodbye. And she knows its definately permanent this time! I suppose she could come on an ETA and keep flying to Singapore to renew each time haha. Or maybe I should get her to sail in on a boat and pretend she is a refugee.