Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container recommendations?

Container recommendations?

Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Default Container recommendations?

Hi everyone... just the usual container questions!

Any recommendations for particular companies?
We're going to Melbourne if that helps... I think it will only be a 20ft one as I'm looking around the house and can't see an incredible amount of stuff I'd want to take...

Probably just dvds, tv, snowboards etc... although if we had room i'd probably consider taking two 2-seater sofas, 4 single conservatory chairs, a relatively smallish double bed..... and maybe some shelving and flat packed cabinets... i'm not sure if that sounds like a lot of not...
the other option was to ship the dvds etc through the mail so just trying to weigh everything up!

Thanks!
Jen
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Container recommendations?

Hi
We used PPS from London to Adelaide. I think it was about 20 ft container as well, and costed us 2000 pound plus 300 dollar for AQIS inspection. It went well. We shipped a piano, one three seater leather sofa, 2 bed frames, six wooden chairs, and other smaller stuffs. There in 56 boxes. It took 12 weeks door to door. Overall, i was happy with them.

regards
wijaya
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:50 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I used Anglo Pacific. My experience with them was more than good, tho' others have had minor damage problems. Shared container took about 7 weeks into Melbourne.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks!
I've contacted PSS - see what they come back with
Jen
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:06 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Container recommendations?

Hi Jen

I used John Mason and did a wee write up on my experience with some piccies if you want to have a look -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

BB
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!
I'll give it a good readv
Jen
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:55 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi Jen

I used John Mason and did a wee write up on my experience with some piccies if you want to have a look -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

BB
Awesome post, thanks!

We're only bringing books, records (already in metal travelling cases), cd's and clothes...is it worth getting shippers to pack things for us? I can't imagine we'll have anything too awkward other than a guitar to be honest. I take it it's more expensive for them to do the packing for you?

thanks!

Tx
Old Oct 25th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Coppock
Hi everyone... just the usual container questions!

Any recommendations for particular companies?
We're going to Melbourne if that helps... I think it will only be a 20ft one as I'm looking around the house and can't see an incredible amount of stuff I'd want to take...

Probably just dvds, tv, snowboards etc... although if we had room i'd probably consider taking two 2-seater sofas, 4 single conservatory chairs, a relatively smallish double bed..... and maybe some shelving and flat packed cabinets... i'm not sure if that sounds like a lot of not...
the other option was to ship the dvds etc through the mail so just trying to weigh everything up!

Thanks!
Jen
I really wouldn't recommend Doree Bonner.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kronk
I really wouldn't recommend Doree Bonner.
Fair enough
thanks i'll stay clear for sure!
Jen
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:16 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Container recommendations?

Originally Posted by RedT
Awesome post, thanks!

We're only bringing books, records (already in metal travelling cases), cd's and clothes...is it worth getting shippers to pack things for us? I can't imagine we'll have anything too awkward other than a guitar to be honest. I take it it's more expensive for them to do the packing for you?

thanks!

Tx
Get shippers to pack everything. That way there is no arguments as to whose responsibility it is if something goes missing or gets broken.

The only alternative is self-shipping. There is a thread about that here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363728

BB
Old Oct 26th 2010, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Becksley is an unknown quantity at this point

We just recently used Wridgways and John Mason, i would not reccomend either, they messed up the paperwork wouldn't admit to their fault in it and cost us loads in extra payments before they would release our furniture, not what you need when you move to a new country stay well clear if you ask me
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:49 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Get shippers to pack everything. That way there is no arguments as to whose responsibility it is if something goes missing or gets broken.

The only alternative is self-shipping. There is a thread about that here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363728

BB
Thanks again Buzzy, just starting to read that thread I think I'll be getting them to do the packing for me!! I've already had a very helpful and friendly e-mail back from John Mason with more details and the price seems good so might end up going with them.

thanks!

Tx
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Just had a quote from PSS - £1600!
Not bad... I'm guessing that will change slightly once we've accurately worked out what will be taken, but as a ballpark I'm impressed

Jen
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:57 am
not sure...

Originally Posted by Coppock
Just had a quote from PSS - £1600!
Not bad... I'm guessing that will change slightly once we've accurately worked out what will be taken, but as a ballpark I'm impressed

Jen
I got an online quote from JM for £600 for about 30 boxes! Given that I was allowing about £2000 for shipping I'm well impressed with that!

Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

That's brilliant.. I was going to take the sofas, conservatory chairs, beds, tv, trampoline and boxes... in truth once you throw the junk out there isn't that much we'll be taking lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.