Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container Question :)

Container Question :)

Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Container Question :)

Couple of things really - been searching through and a couple of questions arose as I did so.

Does anyone know what happens to the container when it arrives in port ? We have a full use 20 ft one - anyway does it get unpacked somewhere before inspection, inspected, the repacked into removal lorry if thats what you want to have done with it ?

Or does a full container not get unpacked and gets inspected in situ ? Then you transfer it from container to your or removalists lorry either yourself or by them.

Reason I ask is i'll have 2 bikes in there, only one will be in a crate, i'm a bit worried about them being unloaded by anyone other than ourselves if you know what I mean

The other thing that sprang to mind is - Has anyone had anything confiscated ?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Container Question :)

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Christmas Decorations with Pine Cones.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by yanH
Christmas Decorations with Pine Cones.

I've binned them already as i'd read about that - i've given away my big wooden Hippo as i'm not sure where the wood came from and all wicker and bamboo has been given away too.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Also beware of shoes. If these have any dirt on the bottom they will charge you for cleaning them. If you are the sort of person who has a lot of shoes then this can really add up!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

The container will be unloaded in quarantine and then reloaded onto a removal truck then delivered to your house - probably by Kents for Perth.

Ours all arrived perfectly so try not to worry.

The only thing of ours to be removed was pine cones on Xmas decorations - our BBQ and garden furniture all arrived with no problems - we did give them a rub down before we set off but nothing major.

We also brought all our pine/wicker furniture and it cleared customs without questions

Hope this helps

Jayne
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Angela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enoughAngela Marie - Cairns will become famous soon enough

Couple of things really - been searching through and a couple of questions arose as I did so.

Does anyone know what happens to the container when it arrives in port ? We have a full use 20 ft one - anyway does it get unpacked somewhere before inspection, inspected, the repacked into removal lorry if thats what you want to have done with it ?

Or does a full container not get unpacked and gets inspected in situ ? Then you transfer it from container to your or removalists lorry either yourself or by them.

Reason I ask is i'll have 2 bikes in there, only one will be in a crate, i'm a bit worried about them being unloaded by anyone other than ourselves if you know what I mean

We used a very reputable company, and were satisfied, but as we are in Cairns our container was re loaded twice, once at Port then once to come to Cairns - all went well though nothing missing at all and luckily enough no breakages.

It wasn't supposed to be off loaded but due to flooding further down near Tully all transport was booked so we had to use other carriers.

Be prepared for every eventuallity and try not to worry.
Angela
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers folks - tell me ? how comprehensive was your packing list ?

I'm currently listing everything thats in the boxes but I have just realised that some motorcycle boots are in various boxes so it may be better to put them all in one box and add a Q to them to be sure.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:50 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers folks - tell me ? how comprehensive was your packing list ?

I'm currently listing everything thats in the boxes but I have just realised that some motorcycle boots are in various boxes so it may be better to put them all in one box and add a Q to them to be sure.
Smart move Pnix, we get bikes in all the time ,and they travel just fine.
We had a SUNBEAM come in from the UK fairly rare here. Your goods must be unloaded into a bond store untill cleared by Customs And AQIS..then they can be delivered to your home........mm
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:29 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Do you declare chrimbo decs on the packing list as specifically without pine cones then?

I miserably pulled them off ours when I put them away this year
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:15 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustBecause
Do you declare chrimbo decs on the packing list as specifically without pine cones then?

I miserably pulled them off ours when I put them away this year
Always pack x-mas decs together and write on the box what is in there they will check them ,along wth your x-mas tree, yes some synthetic trees have real bark on the trunks. ......................mm
Old Apr 14th 2007, 4:02 pm
UK Bound

keep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the rough

Hello... just a quick question - did you list absolutely everything in each box, right down to what sort of ornaments etc, ?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keep smiling
Hello... just a quick question - did you list absolutely everything in each box, right down to what sort of ornaments etc, ?
Yes I did - by the way -that was one hell of a marathon I can tell you - andnonot everything fitted.

Phoenix posting from Dubai whilst awaiting flight to Perth
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by keep smiling
we didnt, and we self-shipped, just put on the list whatever was labelled on each numbered box, ie 23) Books 23) Kitchen Utensils..... we only got 2 items opened and we had nothing taken by AQIS.

regards

Simon