Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container Arived!!! Quarantine help???

Container Arived!!! Quarantine help???

Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:48 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container Arived!!! Quarantine help???

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
When our stuff was delivered a few weeks back Quarantine had opened/gone through three boxes and then obviously just chucked the stuff back in. They were the only boxes where things had been damaged including a bowl that was smashed in pieces where it had been put back in without anything to protect it. Sods law it was a wedding present so of huge sentimental value, but not really worth enough to bother claiming on insurance. Some personal items were also missing. When I spoke to our (lovely, helpful) removal guys they said unfortunately that was common. Quarantine are a law unto themselves and basically don't give a sh*t. When you get the inventory you can see which boxes quarantine have opened so my advice would be to open those first and go through them with a fine tooth comb.

Martha
When we do AQIS checks we supply an employee to assist the quarantne officer, it is his job to repack and reseal ALL containers, this is done to cross check each other'.
The QO has to account for every thing he takes or removes, and this will be covered by paperwork that the company should give you a copy of, so you can decide what to do about any items that need attention.
This all takes place in Federal Gov,nt Registered bond store, with CCTV every were, stealing can result in serious jail time.
I can tell you that checks from the UK are taking longer now due to the "foot-mouth" scare.
.................................................. mm
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:39 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Our stuff was packed from the house on 14th May, loaded onto ship 17th June, arrived at post Sydney 14th August. They told us customeswas cleared almost immediately and is been in their warehouse since waiting on quarantine to clear it, they also said that we will have it delivered next day after clearance whenever that is, SOON i hope
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Our stuff was packed from the house on 14th May, loaded onto ship 17th June, arrived at post Sydney 14th August. They told us customeswas cleared almost immediately and is been in their warehouse since waiting on quarantine to clear it, they also said that we will have it delivered next day after clearance whenever that is, SOON i hope
Hope its not the Sydney branch of Australian Vanlines dealing with it....their "immediate delivery" took nine weeks from release........
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad.chef
I was told by all of the companies I had out to give me quotes that the actual sailing time is only 3 and a half weeks, that is how they can give a timescale of 6-8 weeks. Obviously you don't know when the ship actually sails, it might not be straight after they leave your house.

Sarah
3 and a half weeks!!!! Jeez what kind of boat have they discovered The 6-8 weeks is the actual sailing time.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:26 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

they gave me a sailing time of 36 days cause they stuck an extra prop on the thing as i was going nuts

I tend to think about most things in life when ppl tell you it will take this long or that long that they all use bowler hats and some idiot sticks in the hand and pulls out a number. For instance i got my phone line connected today after exactly 30 days living here and have been given 7 connection dates from 5 days in until now! and even better the guy came out today (SUNDAY) to sort it out the last excuse i got the other day was the guy who was supposed to sort it out was at training that day and they didnt expect it to last ALL day!!! i nearly fell off the chair is he a complete twat or is this the norm and they`re all twats, you work it out

A bit off the subject i know

Originally Posted by Pollyana
3 and a half weeks!!!! Jeez what kind of boat have they discovered The 6-8 weeks is the actual sailing time.