Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container about to be Delivered!!

Container about to be Delivered!!

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:06 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Container about to be Delivered!!

Little update, PSS packed all our stuff and loaded container back in October with a promise that it would be in Perth 23 November and delivery around a week later.
Reality, Container arrived in Perth 12 December and has been in Customs/AQIS world since then.
Finally delivery all sorted for delivery by Kents (PSS agents) at 9 am tomorrow morning!! (Christmas early!!)

Will update on condition of stuff (breakages?) etc in a day or so.

Oh, and a Merry Xmas to one and all

Paul J
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container about to be Delivered!!

Hi jacko1, hope your stuff arrives in good condition.

Doree bonner took our stuff back in JULY, yes *JULY* and it didn't arrive in Sydney until 10th November.
It has only just gone through AQIS etc ( no, this is not a joke ), only getting loaded onto the truck ( by Grace co ), bound for QLD tomorrow, so we are SUPPOSEDLY going to be recieving it next week.

I'm not holding my breath.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:41 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Have just booked PSS for January 31. Will be interested to hear how you rate their service and the condition of your belongings.

Cheers,
GG

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Little update, PSS packed all our stuff and loaded container back in October with a promise that it would be in Perth 23 November and delivery around a week later.
Reality, Container arrived in Perth 12 December and has been in Customs/AQIS world since then.
Finally delivery all sorted for delivery by Kents (PSS agents) at 9 am tomorrow morning!! (Christmas early!!)

Paul J
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

O you you lucky things. PSS picked up our stuff in London on 25 October, ship landed in Melbourne Port on 14 December and we have been told we will be lucky to have our things delivered by end of Jan! I am so not impressed with the service this end. PSS were great in London and packed our things very carefully and thoroughly. We were quoted 6 to 8 weeks door to door but apparently this does not apply in the lead up to Christmas and New Year!

Anyway hope you get all you possessions in one piece.

Happy Christmas

Mel
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Have just booked PSS for January 31. Will be interested to hear how you rate their service and the condition of your belongings.

Cheers,
GG
Hi GG

We used PSS and were very pleased with them. Not only were they the best price, the container got here when they said it would and not ONE thing was broken!! Not bad!

Sam
Old Dec 26th 2004, 2:32 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Well it has arrived and been unpacked by a couple of great guys. However there were a couple of breakages, a Barometer (Glass shattered etc) a pot (cracked, and a few minor ornaments broken but the worst was my old but great sounds HIFI CD Player lcd broken beyond all hope I fear, still hav eto wait and se ewhat insurance folks have to say.

We hav eone item of funiture in quaranteen, god knows why but hey we have paid the dollars and await the outcome!!

Will update as and when!

Paul J
Old Dec 26th 2004, 3:54 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Paul J
I dont even own enough stuff for a container
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:20 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Spoke to insurance company today re breakages etc they are forwarding claim forms etc etc.
It would "appear" to be straight forward, so lets wait and see.
The claims guy said VCR and HIFI will not be viable to repair so pay out will be at stated value on the proposal form, photo evidence by email adequate!! Barometer will depend on local advice/report

Will keep an update for info to others, it would appear that a detailed proposal form is the key, note excess is 1% of total sum assured.

Paul J
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Paul J
hi
could you tell me were i can find pss we need to book a container.asap so any help would be great. THANKS ROSE AND JOHN
Old Dec 29th 2004, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stressed out
hi
could you tell me were i can find pss we need to book a container.asap so any help would be great. THANKS ROSE AND JOHN

PSS can be contacted on 020 8686 7733 and their website is www.pss.uk.com

nice to hear good reports about them. they are coming to pack our stuff 10th January but we are still trying to fill in the insurance forms. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kirsten
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:59 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Well it has arrived and been unpacked by a couple of great guys. However there were a couple of breakages, a Barometer (Glass shattered etc) a pot (cracked, and a few minor ornaments broken but the worst was my old but great sounds HIFI CD Player lcd broken beyond all hope I fear, still hav eto wait and se ewhat insurance folks have to say.

We hav eone item of funiture in quaranteen, god knows why but hey we have paid the dollars and await the outcome!!

Will update as and when!

Paul J
Kent Removals called to say item held by AQIS now treated and ready to collect went down to Belmont yesterday and collected All OK.

Overall I would rate PSS very highly, apart from the damages (More later), and Kents here in Australia are very efficient.

There was a delay of a couple of weeks before the container got here and a further delay in customs, around three weeks in total later than PSS originally stated. However, I do believe it was pretty much out of their control.
So we would not hesitate in recommending PSS to any one in the future.

Paul J
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:01 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Spoke to insurance company today re breakages etc they are forwarding claim forms etc etc.
It would "appear" to be straight forward, so lets wait and see.
The claims guy said VCR and HIFI will not be viable to repair so pay out will be at stated value on the proposal form, photo evidence by email adequate!! Barometer will depend on local advice/report

Will keep an update for info to others, it would appear that a detailed proposal form is the key, note excess is 1% of total sum assured.

Paul J

We have managed to get local estimates etc but are still waiting for the claim forms from the UK will ring them by end of week if not recieved by then.

Paul J
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Tip,

If like us you don't want them to unpack all your boxes, then make sure that you put on the paperwork that you have boxes 'unchecked' and sign it.

As they unload your boxes and furniture you are supposed to tick off each one against the inventory you did when your goods left the uk.

Oh, and have a supply of drink and biscuites ready for them!

Mandy
Old Jan 12th 2005, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

jan&co will become famous soon enough

Will update as and when!

Paul J
I was told by the shippers that quarantine fee (A$195) is charged for every shipment regardless of whether they are of a questionable nature. I wonder if this is accurate?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 4:01 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jan&co
I was told by the shippers that quarantine fee (A$195) is charged for every shipment regardless of whether they are of a questionable nature. I wonder if this is accurate?
Unless it was hidden in the price from our shippers, we weren't charged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.