Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Contacting banks....what phone number???

Contacting banks....what phone number???

Old Oct 16th 2009, 5:34 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all
Default Contacting banks....what phone number???

Since a few people here have made the journey to Oz and have had to close the odd bank account (when exchange rates were good), change address details etc., can anyone shed any light on the phone number to call of HSBC in the UK to do this and other wonderful things. The HSBC UK website is a joke to say the least with regards to finding an applicable phone number.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:09 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacting banks....what phone number???

Here, let me google it for you..

+44 1226 261 010

Those sneaky bastards put it on the contact us page under important phone numbers. How on earth do they expect people to find that !
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Centurion

+44 1226 261 010

Those sneaky bastards put it on the contact us page under important phone numbers. How on earth do they expect people to find that !
I look on the back of my cards

The numbers on the back of my HSBC cards are:
Credit card: 44 1442 422 929
Debit card: 44 1226 261 010

Last time I rang HSBC in the UK I was very pleased to be answered quickly and by a HUMAN !

Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

+44 1226 261 010

Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:41 am
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

+44 1226 261 010

Laugh it up people.

I admit that it was a quick scan of the website on my part and at first glance the number above is quoted as being for telephone banking for non-hsbc bank customers. Finer print below it suggests it may be for other queries. Give me a break, it was after a very long day.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

You can always try this site for any 08--- numbers:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php