Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CONSTRUCTION SKILLS CARD

CONSTRUCTION SKILLS CARD

Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice
Default CONSTRUCTION SKILLS CARD

Hello
Ive seen a post on here somewhere about the Australian version of the CSCS construction skills card required for construction workers in Aus

Can anybody shed some light please on the process, ive tried googling to no ovail

thanks
jason
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CONSTRUCTION SKILLS CARD

Originally Posted by Jason mears
Hello
Ive seen a post on here somewhere about the Australian version of the CSCS construction skills card required for construction workers in Aus

Can anybody shed some light please on the process, ive tried googling to no ovail

thanks
jason

It's called a white card and you can do it online. Which state are you going to?

Pretty easy to do...I have one
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

black dog training does them reasonably priced.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really niceJason mears is just really nice

New south Wales, heading for Newcastle
Thanks
Jason
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's called a white card and you can do it online. Which state are you going to?

Pretty easy to do...I have one
Is that the CFMEU thing ?

I may get one actually . I really am seriously considering it.

Apparently you need one of those white cards and yet another card... to hold one of these... then voila pretty decent dosh...

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 16th 2011 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jason mears
New south Wales, heading for Newcastle
Thanks
Jason
You should probably read this then http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/states

Might be worth while looking for a NSW based training organisation.

I actually did my course in a proper classroom. It's only a one day course, and it wasn't too much of a hassle. Might be worth just doing it that way to be on the safe side.

Try worksafe NSW. Course is $110 which is about standard: http://www.worksafecentre.com.au/green_card.htm

If you intend to work for someone else, they will most likely send you on the course anyway. On the other hand, it's good to have on your CV
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Is that the CFMEU thing ?

I may get one actually . I really am seriously considering it.

Apparently you need one of those white cards and yet another card... to hold one of these... then voila pretty decent dosh...

http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x..._gwp106064.jpg

Wouldn't have that job given! Plus they're only on good money if the company they work for pay them well.

On my last job the traffic guys were only on $28 a hour. Our labourer was on $32 and he'd just qualified
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that
I'm a construction project manager , so I'll need the White card I guess
I'll probably to do it online before we arrive just in case I pick up some private work
It would be good if anybody could point me to the good work , I know Hunter valley is v busy
Thanks v much
Jason
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Wouldn't have that job given! Plus they're only on good money if the company they work for pay them well.

On my last job the traffic guys were only on $28 a hour. Our labourer was on $32 and he'd just qualified
Foot in the door stuff Wends.... Just a direction incase Apost really does stuff up and I end up taking a redundancy.. Looks like one of the few decent opportunities for a bloke of 56. How much do Spotters get. ? I'm considering that ticket as well. Seems to be plenty of work still in Melbourne. 40 bucks an hour nights... I already do night shift. I would like to get off of that though.

Just a background as to how I got onto this. My mate is a foreman for a company that does the Cladding on the side of the Freeways here in Melbourne.. He said I should get the whitecard via CFMEU then Join the Union and I shouldnt have any trouble maintaining full time work.... albeit Casual to Casual until I get taken on.

Would you say the same applies in SA ... Just curious ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 17th 2011 at 6:18 am.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Foot in the door stuff Wends.... Just a direction incase Apost really does stuff up and I end up taking a redundancy.. Looks like one of the few decent opportunities for a bloke of 56. How much do Spotters get. ? I'm considering that ticket as well. Seems to be plenty of work still in Melbourne. 40 bucks an hour nights... I already do night shift. I would like to get off of that though.

Just a background as to how I got onto this. My mate is a foreman for a company that does the Cladding on the side of the Freeways here in Melbourne.. He said I should get the whitecard via CFMEU then Join the Union and I shouldnt have any trouble maintaining full time work.... albeit Casual to Casual until I get taken on.

There is a construction site just around the corner from my place, union job, always seems to be about 6 guys out on the road, watching for traffic helping the trucks get into the site, the funny thing is that just opposite is the goods entrance to a Coles supermarket and the trucks have to back into a very tight entrance, all done without any help whatsoever and during site hours with 6 guys looking on, always puts a smile on my face.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by papilon
There is a construction site just around the corner from my place, union job, always seems to be about 6 guys out on the road, watching for traffic helping the trucks get into the site, the funny thing is that just opposite is the goods entrance to a Coles supermarket and the trucks have to back into a very tight entrance, all done without any help whatsoever and during site hours with 6 guys looking on, always puts a smile on my face.

Yehp... and heres why Gotta love the comments on Youtube.

Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Yehp... and heres why Gotta love the comments on Youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mTjJDKzfhB4
After the desal fiasco could be a while before anyone takes on a large infrastructure project in Victoria.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

After the desal fiasco could be a while before anyone takes on a large infrastructure project in Victoria.
How about 1 Billion dollars in Coburg alone.... They've already started.

http://moreland-leader.whereilive.co...plan-unveiled/

The Grollos who built the Eureka Tower can always get along with the CFMEU..... Long Hours with high pay is the answer. They've already got plans for another very tall building in Melbourne.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 17th 2011 at 7:58 am.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:01 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

A mate took home $68,000 last year, and that was with 8 weeks off for a honeymoon.

Works 12 hours a day admittedly, but more than decent dosh for standing on your feet all day, if you can do it!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't know how much spotters get, we always employed contractors who supplied their own.

The traffic controllers we used we all employed full time - the company is called Prime Traffic. I believe they are just SA based though. They were pretty busy last time I spoke to the boss there - about Feb this year. I have seen them a few times on my drive to work so they seem to be doing ok (I changed industry)

I know the safety thing for the company I worked for is a BIG thing. If there wasn't sufficient barriers and traffic control the job didn't go ahead.

Why what happened? (I worked for them so just being nosey lol...the SA branch, not the Vic one though)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.