Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Confused about my first car rego

Confused about my first car rego

Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused about my first car rego

Why have people turned this into such an arguement?
People are just asking for some simple advice and it turns into a slanging match.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
and at least u can see where ur rego money goes...the roads r ace here not like back in Scotland where u burst ur tyres on the pot holes........or half yer car dissapears down a manhole when ur driving along the M8

Realy !! The roads here in Victoria aren't very good at all in fact far worse than those in London.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzysu
Why have people turned this into such an arguement?
People are just asking for some simple advice and it turns into a slanging match.
Unfortunately, he wasn't asking for some simple advice - he was making (yet another) sly swipe at anything and everything Australian.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:27 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Realy !! The roads here in Victoria aren't very good at all in fact far worse than those in London.
roads up here in Qld r A1 hardly any pot holes at all, even the minor roads, ffs some of the dirty tracks are better than the bloody road up to Coalburn lol
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:20 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Confused about my first car rego

Apparently traffic congestion on UK roads is costing businesses about £20bn a year as productivity is hit by staff arriving late to work. (Clickable link.)

Having suffered the British road system (and I use the term loosely) for nearly two years now, this doesn't surprise me at all.

The motorways are superb, but the suburban roads (most of which feel like tiny little laneways to me) are snarled, twisted, choked, generally quite random in their layout, and dangerously narrow.

Every now and then you come across a really decent A-road, at which point you find yourself asking "I wonder how long it will take them to ruin this one?"
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:53 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
Unfortunately, he wasn't asking for some simple advice - he was making (yet another) sly swipe at anything and everything Australian.
Er No, It wasn't a sly swipe, I genuinely thought my rego contained my CTP and even vash thought it did too. Then I got the CTP renewal too and this proved that it wasn’t part of the rego. And the reason I got miffed off at all the expense was one of the big selling points I was told about on more than one occasion before deciding to come to Oz was that motoring was cheaper and from where I’m sat it most definitely is not. If you think this was meant as a sly swipe at Australia what a sad person you are. It started off as a general enquiry because I suspected I was paying my CTP twice! Clearly this also causes confusion with the natives too as no one was too clear as to the answer. Which if saying the whole thing about having each state with its own rules and different costs is daft means I’m attacking Australia then so be it.

I’m fed up with all the promises we believed before coming here have turn out to be a big lie or from people who just didn’t have a clue. Motoring is cheaper (lie), Education is better (lie), utility bills cheaper (lie), People are more laid back (lie). Food is cheaper (lie). All these things I haven’t found to be the case and I was regularly told these sort of things before coming here.

I’m not so much pissed off with Australia as the PR I believed before coming here.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally think alot of things are alot cheaper here than in the uk, and thats my personal opinion.
Different areas in the uk have different prices for everything, so of course peoples opinions will vary.
Same for Australia too, so depending on where you live, prices might be cheaper or more expensive. Overall though, i find things to be cheaper.
Dont think anyone could lie about the kind of lifestyle over here, the weather, the people. All this i have found to exceed anyones expectations.
As with anything though, people do have there own opinions and we would all be boring if we didnt.
If your going to move to Australia, yes listen to peoples opinions to a certain extent, but only you are the one who can truely judge it and either enjoy your new life here or move back to the uk if your not enjoying it.