Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Computer problems :(

Computer problems :(

Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:07 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Computer problems :(

I've just updated my Internet Explorer from 5 to 6, installed AVG Anti-Virus and also downloaded the Google toolbar - now I've problems

On some websites the page doesn't load properly, where there should be graphics and photos theres only a blank space with a small square with a x in it.

Can anyone help.......please.

irishmolly
Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:14 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Re: Computer problems :(

Try This!!

Select Tools then Internet Options then Advanced Tab then scroll down until you see Multimedia then check to see if there is a tick in "show pictures"..

See image below..

Good luck

Sam&Andy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:15 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Try This!!

Select Tools then Internet Options then Advanced Tab then scroll down until you see Multimedia then check to see if there is a tick in "show pictures"..

See image below..

Good luck

Sam&Andy

Trying again with the image!!
Attached Thumbnails Computer problems :(-internet-options.jpg  
Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Marakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Trying again with the image!!

How is she going to see the image, if her browser doesn't download them?

Sorry, couldn't resist being a smart-alec.

To try and offer something instead of wisecracks: will the browser display images with the Google bar and antivirus (temporarily!) turned off?

Mike
Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:21 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Originally posted by Marakai

How is she going to see the image, if her browser doesn't download them?

Sorry, couldn't resist being a smart-alec.

To try and offer something instead of wisecracks: will the browser display images with the Google bar and antivirus (temporarily!) turned off?

Mike
Very good - never thought of that one!!! LOL

cheers

Sam&Andy
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:01 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point

You might find that the new version doesn't have the extras for flash/shockwave loaded etc so when a site loads with multimedia content you get a broken link.
Mart
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by irishmolly
I've just updated my Internet Explorer from 5 to 6, installed AVG Anti-Virus and also downloaded the Google toolbar - now I've problems

On some websites the page doesn't load properly, where there should be graphics and photos theres only a blank space with a small square with a x in it.

Can anyone help.......please.

irishmolly
Can't help with the IE prob,

If you want to try something different, try www.opera.com, and download a good free browser. Works fine with this site

Or netscape.com, ditto.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Marakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Can't help with the IE prob,

If you want to try something different, try www.opera.com, and download a good free browser. Works fine with this site

Or netscape.com, ditto.

Cheers,
JTL
And even the US Department of Orwellian Supervision (I mean Homeland Security) agrees with JTL: anything but IE!

'Course I still use it when I'm not using Linux, but I've added so many plugins and tricked it out, it's not the equivalent of a Morris Mini with JATO and rear spoiler.

Mike
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:46 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys.

I switched the 'encoding' from "Western European (ISO)" to "Western European (Windows)"

This seems to have done the trick unless it's just a fluke and it was working all along ?

Any thoughts on the above ?