Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Compulsary Bbq's ????

Compulsary Bbq's ????

Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:15 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Compulsary Bbq's ????

Speaking as a male who's never owned or cooked on a BBQ in his 39 years of life..

Is there some form of law enforcement department in Aus. that polices BBQ's..???

Will I be allowed 6 months or so to practice the ancient art of the BBQ or will I be expected to be proficient from the start...??

Can anyone recommend any reading material that could enlighten me..??

I wouldn't want to jeopardise my chances of gaining citizenship... :scared:

CORKER
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:18 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compulsary Bbq's ????

Originally Posted by CORKER
Speaking as a male who's never owned or cooked on a BBQ in his 39 years of life..

Is there some form of law enforcement department in Aus. that polices BBQ's..???

Will I be allowed 6 months or so to practice the ancient art of the BBQ or will I be expected to be proficient from the start...??

CORKER
Better get used to cooking on the barbie, its a man's best excuse to down a few beers without getting shite from the misses for drinking too often
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:19 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

CORKER
mmm if you find the answer let me know, my other half only knows how to make beans on toast!!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:27 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
mmm if you find the answer let me know, my other half only knows how to make beans on toast!!
Can you find out the recipe please
Old Dec 28th 2005, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

I am a BBQ master and always have been. Get stuck in and don't be afraid to make mistakes. Go gas as it's far easier.

There are plenty of good titles out there for ideas, just get a few ideas and go from there.

Oh and stay away from the "snags"
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

CORKER

Hi

When in doubt buy a microwave.

One more thing, when it comes to using a BBQ it seems to be in the male blood and they will not let a woman near it.

Dont no why cause all year round most men wont go near a cooker.

Beth
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:09 pm
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

CORKER

Bad news mate........you will be given a BBQ proficiency test when you arrive at Australian Customs......anything less than a 100% score will see you on the next flight back to Blighty :scared:

Better start practising now !!!

Wendy
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:28 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

we had our first BBQ since being here last week .. luckily it was just the three of us ...

it was a disaster .. it felt awkward and clumsey .. things not cooking at the same time ... not know what to take and what not too ...

We're going around some aussie friends in the new year for BBQ lessons
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cam_uk
we had our first BBQ since being here last week .. luckily it was just the three of us ...

it was a disaster .. it felt awkward and clumsey .. things not cooking at the same time ... not know what to take and what not too ...

We're going around some aussie friends in the new year for BBQ lessons
Hah, none of our Aussie friends can BBQ for toffee. We unless you count burnt chops and manky snags.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:34 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Its not compulsary but would you want to be in a house with the oven on when it is 30 degrees or more? Much better to get outside with a bit of a breeze blowing up the leg of your shorts and a cold one in your hand.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

my uncle is a top notch BBQ and he's been giving me lessons for a couple of years. he moved to melbourne from blighty about 27 years ago so has had plenty of time to perfect the whole BBQing.

he did find it very strange that a woman should want to bbq tho but he had had to admit that i'm doing pretty good!!!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Deffo need the apron and the bottle of beer, my hubbie has become renown for his bbq skills - unique is the word and when we go to others he is by far the best His washing up skils after tho need a lot of brushing up.....
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband loves barbecuing but he doesn't seem quite as good at it as my 18yr old daughter so there is always a tussle as to who cooks. Never had a barbecue in UK so still only cooking burgers, steaks and sausages..........we must get more adventurous!!