Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Complete loss of motivation!!

Complete loss of motivation!!

Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Complete loss of motivation!!

Anyone having a complete loss in motivation whilst playing the waiting game??
Living in limbo as we wait to sell our house is definitely not a healthy position to be in mentally, emotionally or in any way!!

We have the visa in the passport, everything is set to go apart from the house and now I'm losing the will to live.... slowly but surely!!

I used to really love my job, but since we've put the house on the market I'm losing all interest... completely and utterly and all i want to do is start organising things for the big move!

My OH's job has always been crap as the company is being run by a group of losers but every time they continue to act like fools, i go absolutely crazy!!

Our life is completely on hold and it's really starting to get to me and my OH, we're grumpy and just pretty damn miserable!! This is not all the time of course, but it's getting progressively worse as time goes by!

You guys must be feeling it too as you wait for CO's, medicals, visa's & houses??

Sorry for such a miserable thread, especially on Valentine's Day but....
it just couldn't be helped!!

Mish x x x

P.S.Another trip to the wine aisle on the way home i think!?!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Complete loss of motivation!!

Originally Posted by mish & al
Living in limbo as we wait to sell our house is definitely not a healthy position to be in mentally, emotionally or in any way!!

We have the visa in the passport, everything is set to go apart from the house and now I'm losing the will to live.... slowly but surely!!

I used to really love my job, but since we've put the house on the market I'm losing all interest... completely and utterly and all i want to do is start organising things for the big move!

My OH's job has always been crap as the company is being run by a group of losers but every time they continue to act like fools, i go absolutely crazy!!

Our life is completely on hold and it's really starting to get to me and my OH, we're grumpy and just pretty damn miserable!! This is not all the time of course, but it's getting progressively worse as time goes by!

You guys must be feeling it too as you wait for CO's, medicals, visa's & houses??

Mish x x x

I could have written exacly that myself. It can't take much longer surely
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:44 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mish x x x

this could have been written by me!!! LOL

we have visas and are waiting for house to sell too, i just dont know what to do to get it to sell!!! - bloody thing!!!

life is on hold, and i feel guilty for moaning cause we have our visa!!! but my worries have just turned into something more!!! selling the house, we put ours on the market nov, whilst still waiting for visa!! and we are still wating.......aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggh hhhhhhh

yes both our jobs are getting on our nerves as well, iv got nights coming up in a unit i havnt worked at before and i cant be bothered!!! i dont want to be here anymore - house sell for us please!!!

goodluck and i hope your sells soon

p.s where are you off to?

mand
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Complete loss of motivation!!

and me!

god you get so fed up of everything even normal family life becomes difficult!

well heres sending all my hugs to cheer you up babe!

geex
Old Feb 14th 2006, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by amanda76
this could have been written by me!!! LOL

we have visas and are waiting for house to sell too, i just dont know what to do to get it to sell!!! - bloody thing!!!

life is on hold, and i feel guilty for moaning cause we have our visa!!! but my worries have just turned into something more!!! selling the house, we put ours on the market nov, whilst still waiting for visa!! and we are still wating.......aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggh hhhhhhh

yes both our jobs are getting on our nerves as well, iv got nights coming up in a unit i havnt worked at before and i cant be bothered!!! i dont want to be here anymore - house sell for us please!!!

goodluck and i hope your sells soon

p.s where are you off to?

mand
Hi Mand..

It's a bloody nightmare isn't it?? And i felt terrible having a moan about it too... but i needed to get it off my chest!!

My friends are great, bless them... and as hard as they try to understand they just can't!! They say 'it'll sell hun', 'don't worry, you'll get there'! But i just wanted a good old moan to people who are 'living the limbo!!'

We're off to Perth.... although it feels like it'll never happen!
Reading the threads about the housing market, it'd better pick up or i think i'll be admitted!!
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:05 pm

Hi Mand..

It's a bloody nightmare isn't it?? And i felt terrible having a moan about it too... but i needed to get it off my chest!!

My friends are great, bless them... and as hard as they try to understand they just can't!! They say 'it'll sell hun', 'don't worry, you'll get there'! But i just wanted a good old moan to people who are 'living the limbo!!'

We're off to Perth.... although it feels like it'll never happen!
Reading the threads about the housing market, it'd better pick up or i think i'll be admitted!!

LOL - me too!!! i would quite fancy a break!!

lol

mand
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:07 pm

we need a thread on how to sell a house!!! i cant even get the buggers through the door!!! LOL

estate agents (we have had two) say its not over priced and not to drop!!! ?????

mand
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

We are in a similar situation as regards getting to Aus. We have had our visa since last August and have sold our house and have a completion date of 17th March, great. Handed in 2 months notice 2 weeks ago to leave for Australia on the 4th April, fantastic. I take a week off work and when I get back find the company I work for, Landrover, is looking for voluntary redundancies, Shiite .

I am left with the dilemma of retracting my notice and putting in a VR application and walking away with £35K in July or walking away in April with about 30p. No brainier I hear you say.
Problem is they will pick and choose who goes, as I am a skilled worker my chances aren't great, I have played my hand too early and they know I'm leaving anyway.
If I wait until Julywill have to validate £3-5K down the drain and nothing is garanteed regards the VR.
I was only 1 click away from booking my flights on Sunday and only didn't as the bread knife said to wait until we found out about baggage allowance, good girl.
I am sitting here in limbo with visas granted and no flights booked. :scared: :scared: :scared: .

I am so p***ed off.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
We are in a similar situation as regards getting to Aus. We have had our visa since last August and have sold our house and have a completion date of 17th March, great. Handed in 2 months notice 2 weeks ago to leave for Australia on the 4th April, fantastic. I take a week off work and when I get back find the company I work for, Landrover, is looking for voluntary redundancies, Shiite .

I am left with the dilemma of retracting my notice and putting in a VR application and walking away with £35K in July or walking away in April with about 30p. No bbrainierI hear you say.
Problem is they will pick and choose who goes, as I am a skilled worker my chances aren't great, I have played my hand too early and they know I'm leaving anyway.
If I wait until jJulywill have to validate £3-5K down the drain and nothing is gaguaranteedegards the VR.
I was only 1 click away from booking my flights on suSundaynd only didn't as the bread knife said to wait until we found out about baggage allowance, good girl.
I am sitting here in limbo with visas granted and no flights booked. :scared: :scared: :scared: .

I am so p***ed off.

Well I'd be tempted to just go.

The way I feel at the minute, I'd gladly drop my house price by 10k this second if I thought I could go in the next month.

Hope you come to a decision that's right for you hun.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WendyC
Well I'd be tempted to just go.

The way I feel at the minute, I'd gladly drop my house price by 10k this second if I thought I could go in the next month.

Hope you come to a decision that's right for you hun.
Thanks Wendy
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:23 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

At this moment in time, I couldn't give a shit whether they give me a visa or not
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

hi chuck

me too, just cut your losses and go

it will all work out for the best

sending hugs and karma

gee x
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Mish x x x

Hi

Can understand the frustration cos u want the move so much, i'm sure once spring is in the air the house will sell.

Short term frustration for long term gain, it will happen im sure this year, then business is done.

Chin up

Dave
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:41 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Aye - I reckon this time of year doesn't help - getting towards the end of the drawn-out UK winter. But spring's around the corner and it'll warm up and that always lifts the spirits.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Complete loss of motivation!!

Mish x x x

Hi guys just been reading this thread and had a thought, has any off you tried putting an insentive with the sale of your house on the marketing site you use, ie, your estate agent.
Herd somewhere that somebody was giving a 2 week holiday to the carrabian thrown in with the house sale and one with a 2 week holiday to ibiza with £500 spending money on signing of contract. Does seem a good way off selling and it could be a lot cheaper than lowering house price.
JUST A THOUGHT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.