Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Compassionate Leave COVID

Compassionate Leave COVID

Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

scotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nice
Default Re: Compassionate Leave COVID

Hello

Providing a quick update to all you lovely people who have offered support and encouragement over the last couple of months.

I am booked to fly with Qatar Airways into Edinburgh on Saturday and return mid January. I have registered with DFAT as an Australian who is seeking to return here. With Victoria looking likely to start allowing international passengers to quarantine here, things are looking somewhat hopeful. The talk of considerations around options of quarantining at home with some kind of security tag is promising too, though I realise coming from the UK where numbers are high, I'm unlikely to be considered for this. Regardless, I will be happy enough to quarantine in Howard Springs or any Australian city that I can fly to - as long as I am back here in Australia closer to my own wee family here, I will be fine.

My dear mum is holding on and despite the doctors initially saying she wasn't strong enough for intravenous chemo, this is now her only option so she's giving it a go.

If you have faith of any kind, please do keep me in your prayers as I take these calculated risks ahead of me. If you have heard of Corrie Ten Boom you may know the quote -

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of it's strength.

I try to live by this every day.

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to respond. I will keep you posted in regards to my return.

xxxx
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotsista View Post
Hello

Providing a quick update to all you lovely people who have offered support and encouragement over the last couple of months.

I am booked to fly with Qatar Airways into Edinburgh on Saturday and return mid January. I have registered with DFAT as an Australian who is seeking to return here. With Victoria looking likely to start allowing international passengers to quarantine here, things are looking somewhat hopeful. The talk of considerations around options of quarantining at home with some kind of security tag is promising too, though I realise coming from the UK where numbers are high, I'm unlikely to be considered for this. Regardless, I will be happy enough to quarantine in Howard Springs or any Australian city that I can fly to - as long as I am back here in Australia closer to my own wee family here, I will be fine.

My dear mum is holding on and despite the doctors initially saying she wasn't strong enough for intravenous chemo, this is now her only option so she's giving it a go.

If you have faith of any kind, please do keep me in your prayers as I take these calculated risks ahead of me. If you have heard of Corrie Ten Boom you may know the quote -

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to respond. I will keep you posted in regards to my return.

xxxx
Good luck with it all and fingers crossed for your mum. Will you be able to visit her?
Old Nov 10th 2020, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotsista View Post
Hello

xxxx
Good luck with it all. Good that your mum has an option at least and your being there will be a real bonus for her. Bon Voyage!
Old Nov 11th 2020, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

scotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nicescotsista is just really nice

Yes, she's still at home thankfully :-)

By the way, I love your quote at the end of your post - very funny!
Old Nov 11th 2020, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Good luck with it all and fingers crossed for your mum. Will you be able to visit her?
Yes, she's still at home thankfully.

By the way I love your quote at the end of your message - very funny!