Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

comparisons please

comparisons please

Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default comparisons please

Ok so you've moved or are potentially going to move 10,000 miles away.

Here you buy Marmite in Oz it's vegemite?

So here's a chance to name the products you use/ed in the UK that have an equal/ similar in Australia

Ok so we all know some kids go through the phase of wanting crusts off their sandwiches so we get the kids Crusts Away - whats the equal in Oz?

Here the kids drink Tesco Whole Orange Squash - ?

Last edited by JenJen; Sep 6th 2007 at 7:11 pm. Reason: der moment
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:49 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: comparisons please

Don't you just use a knife and cut them off?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen

Here the kids drink Tesco Whole Orange Squash - ?
Yep, it's a judgement. I think that squash is toxic....and I'm not even a greenie/organic type of person.

It's called "cordial".....often pronounced by kids as "cordigul".

Kia Ora is a brand that springs to mind....you have to dilute it.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Don't you just use a knife and cut them off?
Nope? Cause when you see it in the supermarket crustless why cut the crusts off and have to throw them away when you can buy them without?

Yep, it's a judgement. I think that squash is toxic....and I'm not even a greenie/organic type of person.

It's called "cordial".....often pronounced by kids as "cordigul".

Kia Ora is a brand that springs to mind....you have to dilute it.
ok

The kids hate orange juice, the older two will drink almost any squash drink, milk, milkshake, water at a push. They don't like fizzy drinks at all which is good.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:11 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Marmite....................................Marmite
Hellmans Mayo...........................Hellmans Mayo
Robinsons Barley Water...............Golden Circle Barley Water
Lurpak Butter............................Lurpak Butter
Dairylea Cheese Spread...............80% less fat Philidelphia
Bisto Gravey Grans.....................Greens Gravy for roast meat
Knorr Stock cubes......................Massel Chicken stock powder
Andrew bog roll..........................Quiltron dunny roll
Strongbow Cider.........................Mercury Dry
Heinz Tomato Sauce....................Masterfoods Tom Sauce

cant think of any more at the mo
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc

....i think the equivalent is probably Cottee's Coola Cordial.....the green one....equally toxic.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:39 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

isn't durex in aus a brand of sticky tape (could lead to some very sticky(pun intended) situations)
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen Durex sticky tape but have seen Durex condoms. It's quite simple though, if you want sticky tape you go to the stationery section and if you want condoms you go to the pharmacy section.

Never heard of crustless bread sounds like a company fleecing the customer to me. Marmite isn't Vegemite. They are different. Don't worry about it. Get here and each time you go shopping pick up one new thing. That way after a few months you will know what you like and what you don't.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I've never seen Durex sticky tape but have seen Durex condoms. It's quite simple though, if you want sticky tape you go to the stationery section and if you want condoms you go to the pharmacy section.

Never heard of crustless bread sounds like a company fleecing the customer to me. Marmite isn't Vegemite. They are different. Don't worry about it. Get here and each time you go shopping pick up one new thing. That way after a few months you will know what you like and what you don't.
Hmm Tds say they are a bit different but we can get vegemite from Tesco here and the kids love it my eldest says it's a bit sweeter than Marmite.

lol well it works with Crusts Away I no longer have to cut the edges off cause there aren't any
Old Sep 7th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Penguins .... Tim Tams (which are much better)
Flip flops .... thongs
Thongs.... haven't a clue
Speedos.... budgie smugglers

6 pack ... slab
beajeulais neuveau... clean skin (effectively the same, more variety in the aus ones)

err.. run out of inspiration
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
Penguins .... Tim Tams (which are much better)
Flip flops .... thongs
Thongs.... haven't a clue
Speedos.... budgie smugglers

6 pack ... slab
beajeulais neuveau... clean skin (effectively the same, more variety in the aus ones)

err.. run out of inspiration
thongs = g-string
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

eat the crust or go without
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
eat the crust or go without
2 yr olds don't understand that
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JenJen
2 yr olds don't understand that
mine did
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
mine did
Well mine doesn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.