Wikiposts

Comparisons

Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Comparisons

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
I've read a lot on this forum about the cost of living in Aus. compared to the UK etc.
I have noticed that a lot of people now say that overall, the cost of living is pretty much the same in both places, albeit some things being more expensive/cheaper depending where you are.
I was just wandering if this means that the cost of living in Aus. is the same as the UK when compared to average wages.
Example, over in the UK, me in the missus will earn about £48000 between us
over in Aus. doing the same jobs, we'll probably be on about £40000 between us.
So, will the drop in salaries effect our standard of living.

Cheers

Steve
I can't say that I have noticed a lot of difference in the prices of food shopping here cocomparedo the UK some things are cheaper and some things are more expensive (I am comparing London Sydney by the way) On the salary side of things I am earning just under 2/3 of what I was in London and that's before you take into account big bonuses in the UK however what I do know is that at the end of every month after paying bills and going on weekend trips etc I actually have money left over where as in the UK I relied on bonuses to even things out at the end of the year.

In my experience I would say that I am able to live here where as in the UK I was able to exist.