Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Comparison Map UK Qld

Comparison Map UK Qld

Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:20 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold
Default Comparison Map UK Qld

Hi all reading

I have a elderly mum who keeps worrying about me during the natural disasters such as floods etc. The latest text I received was that she hoped that I was ok after the storm (cyclone) I live on the Gold Coast.

I would like to find a map showing the size of UK compared to the size of Queensland, so that she can get an idea of the scale of the place to stop her from worrying.

Can anyone help?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:35 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparison Map UK Qld

[/quote]
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:40 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Thanks - Thats a little bit better than the one I found. Last night on the news they had one that showed the UK sitting within Queensland - however cant find that one anywhere.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Thanks - Thats a little bit better than the one I found. Last night on the news they had one that showed the UK sitting within Queensland - however cant find that one anywhere.
Me either But I dont think you need to be einstein to work it out...however my Mums getting on a bit....Print it off..cut it out, Stick it on top and snail mail it to her, that way she'll get it
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

http://swaussie.blogg.se/images/2011..._126705258.jpg
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that pic, been looking for a while to show the folks back home the size difference.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
Don't show her that one . . . it'll put the shits up her something terrible!

"Yes Mildred . . . they've got storms bigger than England . . . and sharks that'll have your arm off and other fish that sting and jellyfish sooooooooo small you can't even see them but they'll knock you down stone dead in a second . . . and snakes . . . well, don't even get me started on the snakes <<<shudders>>> . . ."

Last edited by spartacus; Feb 4th 2011 at 4:41 am.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Don't show her that one . . . it'll put the shits up her something terrible!

"Yes Mildred . . . they've got storms bigger than England . . . and sharks that'll have your arm off and other fish that sting and jellyfish sooooooooo small you can't even see them but they'll knock you down stone dead in a second . . . and snakes . . . well, don't even get me started on the snakes <<<shudders>>> . . ."
...and definitely don't tell her about the driving, now that's a REAL worry!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Theyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm with you on that one..........
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
. . . or the price of lettuce.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:07 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by spartacus
. . . or the price of lettuce.
Or the drop bears....
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hevs
Or the drop bears....
Terrible things . . .

Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't hear enough about the drop bears these days. Time was when you couldn't mention Australia on BE for someone telling you to beware of them.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

And that's even after adding the whole of Ireland on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.