Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commuting to Perth

Commuting to Perth

Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Commuting to Perth

What are the furthest northern & southern suburbs you could live and still be able to commute to Perth within say an hour.?
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:54 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commuting to Perth

Originally posted by jwinch
What are the furthest northern & southern suburbs you could live and still be able to commute to Perth within say an hour.?
I'm pretty you can get to most suburbs within an hour.
Joondalup to Perth city is about 30 mins this says, though probably in rush hour longer...?
http://www.whereis.com.au/search/res...equestid=65139

Mandurah is 1 hour 16 mins it says...
http://www.whereis.com.au/search/res...equestid=65613

Don't know how reliable the website is, never really used it before. Though, it sounds about right from what I remember.... ???
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:15 pm
owieb

Default Re: Commuting to Perth

Originally posted by jwinch
Depends whether you want to travel by car or train and where in the city you are are working (if in the city at all).

From the Northern suburbs the freeway is bumper to bumper most mornings between about 7am - 8:30am as most people start work early. You'd be looking at an hours drive from somewhere like Joondalup (normnal journey would be about 30mins). The same goes for coming home, rush hour tends to be between 4pm - 6pm and can be slow going.

Trains take about 30mins from Joondalup, plus you need to allow time to get to the station as well.

I used to commute from Hillarys to the city and it would take me about 45mins door-to-door and this was catching a bus and train and walking 10mins in the city.

Last edited by owieb; Mar 9th 2004 at 10:24 pm.

Old Mar 10th 2004, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We are in Clarkson which is pretty far north and I work at Osborne Park just outside the City. It takes me about 40mins going down Marmion.

My husband works in Belmont (past the city) and when he used to start at 8am he left and 7am & just made it. He now starts at 6am and leaves at 5.30am.

Train coming to us in Sept. Estimated journey time to city
estimated at 30mins
Old Mar 10th 2004, 11:30 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
We are in Clarkson which is pretty far north and I work at Osborne Park just outside the City. It takes me about 40mins going down Marmion.

My husband works in Belmont (past the city) and when he used to start at 8am he left and 7am & just made it. He now starts at 6am and leaves at 5.30am.

Train coming to us in Sept. Estimated journey time to city
estimated at 30mins
It takes me 40 minutes from Ocean Reef to the UWA in Crawley where I work, driving down Marmion.

It used to take me between 1 hour 15 and 1 hour 45 by train and 2 busses.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:53 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Takes me about 35 minutes from Ellenbrook. Not much traffic, just straight down Alexander drive.