Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Communication with Migration Agent

Communication with Migration Agent

Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:20 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Communication with Migration Agent

Okay, maybe I'm being paranoid here but I'm beginning to wonder whether my agent knows who I am !

Can you guys let me know what type of relationship you have with your agent ?. I engaged the agency last Feb and have only spoken to them a couple of times on the phone and it's always been me calling them. They take forever to reply to my emails (when they can be bothered) and I had to chase them non-stop to get them to tell me when my application had been lodged with DIMIA (Nov 2003 by the way)

I'm now about to go through the medicals which as far as I can tell means we're maybe a few months away from visas but that's only what I've learned from this forum, certainly not from my agent

I'm worried that maybe I'm too laid back and not chasing the guy enough, perhaps I should be on the phone at least once per week "reinforcing the relationship" so that at least he knows who I am ?

Can anyone offer advice - how often do you talk to your agent and do you have to do all of the running ?