Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

commonwealth statutory declaration What for

commonwealth statutory declaration What for

Old Feb 7th 2019, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default commonwealth statutory declaration What for

I just got a job in a hospital in Victoria
as part of the recruiting process they asked me to fill Police check form and commonwealth statutory declaration form

I understand the police check form,

but what about the commonwealth statutory declaration form?

what is it for?

they are asking in that form if I have lived out of Australia for more than 12 months in the last 10 years, which I did.

do I have to provide further info on that?

Old Feb 7th 2019, 7:54 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: commonwealth statutory declaration What for

I guess as you are working in a Hospital they may need know if you have been living and working in countries that might pose a high health risk. Like with all Australian Bureaucracy give them enough info to tick their little box.
Old Feb 7th 2019, 9:51 pm
Queen of Diplomacy

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA View Post
I just got a job in a hospital in Victoria
as part of the recruiting process they asked me to fill Police check form and commonwealth statutory declaration form

I understand the police check form,

but what about the commonwealth statutory declaration form?

what is it for?

they are asking in that form if I have lived out of Australia for more than 12 months in the last 10 years, which I did.

do I have to provide further info on that?
Why don't you ask HR at the place that asked you to fill out the form? I doubt if anyone here knows the reason.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 9:21 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure it’s covering them from legal side. If you lie in a job application, they can sack you but that’s about it. You lie in a statutory declaration, you can be arrested, prosecuted and possibly jailed.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Thanks Teza.