Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:54 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by joem
HSBC, in the Netherlands, since 1999

http://www.hsbc.com/hsbc/about_hsbc/...pe/netherlands

joem
Yes, I found that too, but it's only for corporate, not personal banking.

Our main banks are ABN-AMRO, ING, Rabobank, SNS, Fortis, Postbank...

Hoensbroek, down south. He married a Dutch lady 25 years ago, and moved to Netherlands about 15 years ago.
Aha. We live in the east, more in the country, but all the family in the west (above Amsterdam). When my parents came back from Oz they didn't want to go back to the busy area, and also not TO close to family, lol!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:56 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Commonwealth Bank

Originally posted by markeh
Hiya ABCDiamond,

I think I'll onpen a HSBC account.
You can do it on line with the Oz HSBC web site.

It just goes to show how the big company's can crush you.
He should have paid the $65 and then taken them to court!!!!!

Bye
Markeh
Markeh
Let us know how you get on opening it via the web site. I assume you are in the UK still.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

OMG ABC that is really awful. I am glad I did not open an account with them. Mine is with Suncorp - I did not know much about them though and I did not even bother to check about the charges! I could always open an HSBC account on line though.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:05 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by debsy
OMG ABC that is really awful. I am glad I did not open an account with them. Mine is with Suncorp - I did not know much about them though and I did not even bother to check about the charges! I could always open an HSBC account on line though.
I have heard that Suncorp are pretty good, they act like a small local bank. Similar to Bank of Queensland, and St George.

I went into my local Suncorp recently and was impressed with their helpfullness.

Unfortunately, all of them charge, unless you can work them right

Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I have heard that Suncorp are pretty good, they act like a small local bank. Similar to Bank of Queensland, and St George.

I went into my local Suncorp recently and was impressed with their helpfullness.

Unfortunately, all of them charge, unless you can work them right
ABC
When we went to the branch to open the account they could not have been more helpful. The staff were very pleasant. We did go to the local HSBC branch in Southport to open, but they were a bit snotty and they said we had to make an appointment to open an account - so we just went to Suncorp instead.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:44 am
Just Joined

twistiefries is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: removals

as you r in o/reef could u tell me which removalists u used , what $ & what u took & if u did it again what u would / wouldnot take.I lived in o/r 15 years came back to UK, remarried & hoping to get hubby over on spouse visa. thanks
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:48 am
Just Joined

twistiefries is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry that ? was for renth or any one in Perth
Old Mar 13th 2004, 2:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removals

Originally posted by twistiefries
as you r in o/reef could u tell me which removalists u used , what $ & what u took & if u did it again what u would / wouldnot take.I lived in o/r 15 years came back to UK, remarried & hoping to get hubby over on spouse visa. thanks
We used Bishops Move and it took about 4 months for the stuff to get here (shared container). We took averything after we chuked out all our junk.

Apart from the lawnmower. I wish we'd brought that.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread..

Commonwealth Bank - absolute crap, extortionate charges and buggered up a large foreign exchange deal.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Hoensbroek, down south. He married a Dutch lady 25 years ago, and moved to Netherlands about 15 years ago.
We used to know the area quite well - we lived in Brunssum between 1997 and 2000, which was not far from Hoensbroek - seem to remember there was a park or swimming pool in Hoensbroek we used to go to regularly.

Steve
Old Mar 13th 2004, 6:55 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82

Our main banks are ABN-AMRO, ING, Rabobank, SNS, Fortis, Postbank...
Simone, ING have some sort of subsidiary banking here in Oz.

http://www.ingdirect.com.au/

As for the original post, it doesnt surprise me in the slightest .
Old Mar 13th 2004, 7:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by cookies
We used to know the area quite well - we lived in Brunssum between 1997 and 2000, which was not far from Hoensbroek - seem to remember there was a park or swimming pool in Hoensbroek we used to go to regularly.

Steve
It sure is a small world. I used to fly over quite often, as its near Maastricht Airport. Much more convenient than when they lived in Hilversum. Didn't get to see many places around there unless they served wine.

Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:35 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Simone, ING have some sort of subsidiary banking here in Oz.

http://www.ingdirect.com.au/

As for the original post, it doesnt surprise me in the slightest .
I use the ING Savings account which is excellent and refreshingly fee free. I also have a couple of funds whose performances are less than average. I am looking at moving those.