Reload this Page >

Commercial Flying Jobs - Australia

Commercial Flying Jobs - Australia

Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Alan and Loz is on a distinguished road
Default Commercial Flying Jobs - Australia

Dear All,

I currently have a 139 visa application lodged with deptartment of Immigration and am a JAA ATPL (A) holder flying B737NG'S in the U.K.

Anyone know what the current market for +2,500hrs Co-pilot's in Australia ?
Both CASA and CAA been approached for transfer of the Licence.

Any good leads, contact names/numbers ect....this site seems to come up trumps with all our other questions so far.

Many thanks

Alan
Old Sep 10th 2005, 8:09 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Flying Jobs - Australia

Originally Posted by Alan and Loz
Dear All,

I currently have a 139 visa application lodged with deptartment of Immigration and am a JAA ATPL (A) holder flying B737NG'S in the U.K.

Any good leads, contact names/numbers ect....this site seems to come up trumps with all our other questions so far.

Many thanks

Alan
Think Qantas maybe looking for commercial pilots. www.qantas.com.au
about qantas then employment.

However I think they're looking for people with 250 hours in command. I also think you need to have permanant residency.

Good luck.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 8:16 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan and Loz
Dear All,

Many thanks

Alan
Did you get a CASA skill assessment?

I thought there was still an overhang of pilots in Australia following the Ansett collapse. Perhaps Virgin Blue has absorbed some of them.

Have you thought about working somewhere in regional Australia?

Jeremy
Old Sep 10th 2005, 8:20 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

I’m currently doing my flying in the Uk, and pondering the Australian market, but after some research and chats with aussie friends that fly downunder and abroad the prospects are not encouraging for the next few years. I am not trying to be negative, just realistic. Since the Ansett collapse and 89 Australian pilot market changed for the worst.

Current market trends in Australia state that the market is full of pilots with no jobs current CASA figures state about 14 thousand!!!! Airline Jobs are few and difficult to get and very competitive most Australian pilots will end up flying abroad or bush/instructing and sightseeing, some charter opportunities are there too.

Send me a PM, and I shall give you my email, my msn address is below. I have a few friends who might give you some better advice since I am well below the ranks, just a student pilot here.

Regards,
Pedro

PS - Immigration will take the "Aircraft Pilot" from the skills list, so better be quick...

Last edited by Boomerang; Sep 10th 2005 at 8:24 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 8:44 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I think flight deck jobs are VERY thin on the ground in Oz, due partly to Ansett as was mentioned above. We have a friend who is a 757 pilot who looked in to migrating to Oz but found the market saturated with pilots looking for work....that's why such a huge percentage of CX pilots are Ozzies!

Have you tried looking here and posting for advice?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/index.php?

Lucy
Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Alan and Loz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by russmcp
Think Qantas maybe looking for commercial pilots. www.qantas.com.au
about qantas then employment.

However I think they're looking for people with 250 hours in command. I also think you need to have permanant residency.

Good luck.
Qantas won't even look at a Brit. unless he/she has permanent residency ! Oh well it's a big country.

Alan