Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Comments re Caboolture area & property?

Comments re Caboolture area & property?

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:18 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Comments re Caboolture area & property welcome....

Hi yall

Does anyone have any views/comments re area and property in Caboolture? Also how far from Brissy town centre and employment situation?

House prices seem relatively inexpensive. Is this a ghetto area by any chance:scared: [If I see shells should I think eggs?]

Many thanx & appreciation re any feedback

Phoenixuk2oz

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 3rd 2004 at 8:42 pm.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:34 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Comments re Caboolture area & property welcome....

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hi yall

Does anyone have any views/comments re area and property in Caboolture? Also how far from Brissy town centre and employment situation?

House prices seem relatively inexpensive. Is this a ghetto area by any chance:scared: [If I see shells should I think eggs?]

Phoenixuk2oz
Aw...I get it........Caboolture doesn't actually exist does it?

A ghost town maybe:scared:

Is it THAT bad

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:59 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phoenix

I live in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast but often travel through Caboolture. It is within easy reach of Brisbane and the low house prices are very tempting, but it's generally considered a bit of a crummy area by a lot of people. (apologies to anyone living in Caboolture - this is not my opinion, just what I've heard). From what I've seen of it, it looks OK, but there are more attractive places. There aren't really many residential communities north of there until you get to the sunny coast, but just to the south there is Morayfield and Burpengary, which look OK as well. If you are looking for cheap housing, it might be worth a go, personally I wouldn't choose to live there though. Hope this helps

Andy

Hi yall

Phoenixuk2oz
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:11 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Andy_Hanrahan
Hi Phoenix

I live in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast but often travel through Caboolture. It is within easy reach of Brisbane and the low house prices are very tempting, but it's generally considered a bit of a crummy area by a lot of people. (apologies to anyone living in Caboolture - this is not my opinion, just what I've heard). From what I've seen of it, it looks OK, but there are more attractive places. There aren't really many residential communities north of there until you get to the sunny coast, but just to the south there is Morayfield and Burpengary, which look OK as well. If you are looking for cheap housing, it might be worth a go, personally I wouldn't choose to live there though. Hope this helps

Andy
Hi Andy H

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated and tactful..

Its as I thought though i.e perhaps not the greatest area to live ?

Thanx again AH

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.caboolturetourism.com.au/

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:26 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Bix
http://www.caboolturetourism.com.au/

Cheers for the chocolate box version Bix

So which Caboolture is more accurate?

Thanx 4 yr feedback guys

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the chocolate box version Bix

So which Caboolture is more accurate?

Thanx 4 yr feedback guys

Phoenixuk2oz
Well, that sight is tourism orientated so would paint a rosie picture.
Personal experience is usually better
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:37 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Bix
Well, that sight is tourism orientated so would paint a rosie picture.
Personal experience is usually better
Exactomundo.

I'm with you Bix

Andy's feedback is likely to be more accurate than chockie box version.

Wish I could have more feedback from others though

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

PUK, Andys rundown is fairly accurate I would have thought. There are some ok areas, but in general, if its cheap its for a reason! Part of the reason is the distance from the city of course, but it also has some not so desirable areas. I think you will find that there is a mix of old areas with old (& sometimes dated) housing & very new areas with lots of new houses in estates. The hard part for someone in your position is not knowing which parts are ok & which parts arent so good. I dont think I would class it in the same league as Woodridge or Inala, but I tend to agree with Andy, I wouldnt choose to live there, but thats just me.

Having said that, I have a family member who lives on an acreage estate just north of Caboolture & its a lovely area. The only reason I wouldnt live where she lives is that you need a cut lunch & a 6 pack to get into the city :scared: .

It really depends on what you can afford & what you like.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:13 am
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

The only other thing I would say about the place is that its location might be a plus for some people, it being almost exactly equidistant from both Brisbane and the Sunny Coast. My own knowledge of Caboolture stems from the fact that when I'm working in Brissy, I drive there and pick up the train. The express service is very good and takes about 45mins to Central.

I've seen the tourist blurb and I agree that it has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Bear in mind that they will be talking about Caboolture SHIRE, which is quite a large area and will include Bribie Island and the Glasshouse Mountains, very nice places, but not neccesarily what you see every morning when you walk out your front door.

Andy

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
PUK, Andys rundown is fairly accurate I would have thought. There are some ok areas, but in general, if its cheap its for a reason! Part of the reason is the distance from the city of course, but it also has some not so desirable areas. I think you will find that there is a mix of old areas with old (& sometimes dated) housing & very new areas with lots of new houses in estates. The hard part for someone in your position is not knowing which parts are ok & which parts arent so good. I dont think I would class it in the same league as Woodridge or Inala, but I tend to agree with Andy, I wouldnt choose to live there, but thats just me.

Having said that, I have a family member who lives on an acreage estate just north of Caboolture & its a lovely area. The only reason I wouldnt live where she lives is that you need a cut lunch & a 6 pack to get into the city :scared: .

Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:24 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Guess yours and Andys observations confirm what I suspected all along MrsDB.........Caboolture is perhaps "not my cuppa tea" as they say here in sunny Yorkshire [NOT!!]

Chose it for airfield.........Ah well... back to drawing board

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Guess yours and Andys observations confirm what I suspected all along MrsDB.........Caboolture is perhaps "not my cuppa tea" as they say here in sunny Yorkshire [NOT!!]

Chose it for airfield.........Ah well... back to drawing board

Phoenixuk2oz
PUK, do you want to be near an airfield? Is there a reason for that?
Old Mar 4th 2004, 4:19 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

PUK, do you want to be near an airfield? Is there a reason for that?
Hi

Yes.Mum & dad hope to retire in OZ. Dad plays with models [don't get giddy.....he flies model aircraft].

PUK2OZ

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 4th 2004 at 4:21 pm.

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to see some acreage properties just north of caboulture, did'nt seem to be too bad an area, I heard a lot of the people without work were moving to Ipswich as rents were cheaper there. There were more doughnuts in the road than most other places so it may get a bit noisey of the night. As Andy says it is also central to the coast and Brisbane.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:21 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Terry
Went to see some acreage properties just north of caboulture, did'nt seem to be too bad an area, I heard a lot of the people without work were moving to Ipswich as rents were cheaper there. There were more doughnuts in the road than most other places so it may get a bit noisey of the night. As Andy says it is also central to the coast and Brisbane.
Hi Terry

Thanks for feedback. Much appreciated.

Am warming to the idea of acreage....dont fancy living somewhere with low unemployment though:scared: [for obvious reasons]. And dont want to move somewhere noisy.

Ideal location=
* Easy access to Brisbane [for work]
* Easy access to shopping mall/s
* Easy access to beaches
* Easy access to schools & colleges
* Easy access to model aircraft club
*Easy access to Hinterland
*Clean suburb with nice working class neighbours
*Not too expensive

Does this place exsist do you think?

Phoenixuk2oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.