Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Coming soon ........ hopefully !

Coming soon ........ hopefully !

Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

paul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the rough
Default Coming soon ........ hopefully !

Hello all first time on this web site so bare with me ! Me the missus and my two young kidz are hoping to emigrate to Australia once the visa is sorted. I hear from friends and family that W/A is very popular with the british (Perth). However i quite like the look of the east coast and just wondered how much different cost of living compares with the two and are the opportunities still the same? And how do the locals see the pomes ! I love motorbikes and like to take my bike on race tracks (track days ) so would like to live in an area where i can still find some race tracks.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Coming soon ........ hopefully !

Originally Posted by paul5082
Hello all first time on this web site so bare with me ! Me the missus and my two young kidz are hoping to emigrate to Australia once the visa is sorted. I hear from friends and family that W/A is very popular with the british (Perth). However i quite like the look of the east coast and just wondered how much different cost of living compares with the two and are the opportunities still the same? And how do the locals see the pomes ! I love motorbikes and like to take my bike on race tracks (track days ) so would like to live in an area where i can still find some race tracks.

Hi, welcome to the forum, not sure about the racetracks, Perth is cheapest to buy houses I think but not sure about costs of living. Sydney is the most expensive. Houses cost loads over there.

Laura
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

paul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the roughpaul5082 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi, welcome to the forum, not sure about the racetracks, Perth is cheapest to buy houses I think but not sure about costs of living. Sydney is the most expensive. Houses cost loads over there.

Laura
thanx Laura
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:48 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the BARBAGALLO RACEWAY WANNEROO in north perth , i think all of the main citys have race tracks though like eastern creek in Sydney .
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:49 pm

http://www.wascc.com.au/
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Try the BARBAGALLO RACEWAY WANNEROO in north perth , i think all of the main citys have race tracks though like eastern creek in Sydney .
Cheers
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:51 pm

Cheers
No wukkers
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any area's round Perth classed as undesirable?
ie : avoid. ??
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:59 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome,

Are you bringing your motorbike with you?
I believe track days are very popular (my partner works with a guy who goes on them regular).

I live in Perth and have also spent a little while in Brisbane and the 'locals' (I have found) to be equally friendly.

The weather is just warming up here in Perth.... (23 tomorrow!!!)

Good luck with the visas,

TF

Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:02 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Think you may have posted on the wrong thread (?)

My advice is you have to see areas for yourself to make your own mind up.

Are you taking a trip over before the big move?

Good luck,

TF

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
Are there any area's round Perth classed as undesirable?
ie : avoid. ??
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TigerFeet
Hi and welcome,

Are you bringing your motorbike with you?
I believe track days are very popular (my partner works with a guy who goes on them regular).

I live in Perth and have also spent a little while in Brisbane and the 'locals' (I have found) to be equally friendly.

The weather is just warming up here in Perth.... (23 tomorrow!!!)

Good luck with the visas,

TF
Dont know what to do about bringing bike because import tax is £500 that is without shipping cost i might sell it and buy another 1 in oz thanks for letting me know about race tracks can you let me know where they are if you dont mind thanx