Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Comet Bay Primary School

Comet Bay Primary School

Old May 2nd 2012, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

John Mc will become famous soon enoughJohn Mc will become famous soon enough
Default Comet Bay Primary School

Just a quick question, what sort of footwear do girls and boys wear in this school? We're going to buy the kids new shoes/ trainers/ pumps before we come over to Perth. Seems a silly question but the wife has been nagging

Cheers for any help

John
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comet Bay Primary School

Originally Posted by John Mc
Just a quick question, what sort of footwear do girls and boys wear in this school? We're going to buy the kids new shoes/ trainers/ pumps before we come over to Perth. Seems a silly question but the wife has been nagging

Cheers for any help

John
According to their website, under 'Uniform' it says:

Footwear

Sneakers or joggers
School sandals
School shoes (Thongs, reef sandals, massage sandals, heeled dress sandals and scuffs are not permitted).

No idea what school sandals are, all primaries around here insist on totally covered over joggers or shoes and there are no pictures that I could see of kids feet on the website It also doesn't mention colour but given the shorts are navy, I'd go with black.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats a scuff?

Comet Bay, just up the road from us down in shocko, is a more select area... Our kids primary stated "no bare feet".... Coz we had to be told that....
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Whats a scuff?

Comet Bay, just up the road from us down in shocko, is a more select area... Our kids primary stated "no bare feet".... Coz we had to be told that....
According to Google they're slippers
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
According to Google they're slippers
In my day the teachers kept their own slipper in their desk... We didnt have to provide them for them either... That would have been adding insult to injury
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by eddie007
In my day the teachers kept their own slipper in their desk... We didnt have to provide them for them either... That would have been adding insult to injury
We didn't get slippers, we got blackboard rubbers lobbed at us and then wooden rulers across the leg or hand.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies, I had looked on the school website. Was just looking for maybe someone that actually has kids in the school and what seems to be in with the locals. The wife doesn't want to send the kids to school in the "wrong" shoes It's going to be enough for them that they're new I suppose.

I'm less inclined to worry about such things but what can you do
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the replies, I had looked on the school website. Was just looking for maybe someone that actually has kids in the school and what seems to be in with the locals. The wife doesn't want to send the kids to school in the "wrong" shoes It's going to be enough for them that they're new I suppose.

Avoid start rite and clarks...indeed anything sensible, properly fitted that comes in appropriate width sizes and good for their growing feet if she doesnt want them to look out of place
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

If I were she and intent on buying shoes in the UK, I'd get some black velcroed covered over shoes and some black or white joggers. Personally I think more primary kids wear 'proper' school approved shoes than High School but maybe it's a QLD thing, I've seen quite a few kids in Start Rite and Clarks shoes but Eddie is more Rocko savvy than me.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If I were she and intent on buying shoes in the UK, I'd get some black velcroed covered over shoes and some black or white joggers. Personally I think more primary kids wear 'proper' school approved shoes than High School but maybe it's a QLD thing, I've seen quite a few kids in Start Rite and Clarks shoes but Eddie is more Rocko savvy than me.
You calling me Bogan again?
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Hi. My boys go to Comet Bay and most of the children wear trainers. They do a lot of excercise and it's a lot easier too.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Hi. My boys go to Comet Bay and most of the children wear trainers. They do a lot of excercise and it's a lot easier too.
Thanks very much ShoreyM

Do the girls wear trainers too? I was going to get black trainers for my son but wasn't sure what to get for the daughter.

Thanks for the help

John
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much ShoreyM

Do the girls wear trainers too? I was going to get black trainers for my son but wasn't sure what to get for the daughter.

Thanks for the help

John
Get some black ones and some white ones.You can buy shoes here though. We go to Harbour Town for the children's trainers.
Old May 4th 2012, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Thanks very much ShoreyM

Thanks for the help

John
Yes, girls tend to wear them too. They do morning fitness every day and do loads of outside activities so much easier for them not having to change from shoes.
Old May 4th 2012, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Yes, girls tend to wear them too. They do morning fitness every day and do loads of outside activities so much easier for them not having to change from shoes.
Thanks very much ShoreyM, that answers my question perfectly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.