Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Collier homes in Perth

Wikiposts

Collier homes in Perth

Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future
Smile Collier homes in Perth

Has anyone heard of Collier home builders in Perth or better yet has anyone had them build their house? We are pretty sure we're going to build and really like their plans, just hoping to get some more info on the company.

Thanks,
Nicanjoe
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:26 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Collier homes in Perth

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Has anyone heard of Collier home builders in Perth or better yet has anyone had them build their house? We are pretty sure we're going to build and really like their plans, just hoping to get some more info on the company.

Thanks,
Nicanjoe
Everyone will have a horror story to tell you about every home builder..... but it just so happens i have one about Collier to get you started

My cousin and her husband used Collier, they made some minor plan alterations all of which they had hassle with, the main one being they wanted 3 phase power, but it was all sorted out and building started. They have a friend who is some sort of buildings inspector who went in periodically and checked things out for them and by the end things were really quite horrendous, one side of the house had sunk, the roof wasn't attatched to the house and there was another biggy too but i can't remember what it was. They with held payment as the house was ot completed to a habitable standard, all hell broke loose and they ended up in arbitration where Collier were instructed to make good certain things, other things were classed as maintenance. From signing on the dottedline to moving in took 3 years and this was a couple of years back when build time was 10-12 months.

But like i say, there will be a similar story going around about every builder out there. But it may be harder to find land than to find a builder at the moment though

Lynn
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:07 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Collier homes in Perth

We built with Collier Homes, we have an excellent house, but only because my hubbie was on site every day more or less site managing, he only resorted to this as so many things went wrong during the build. It all worked out in the end. Every house built in any country is only as good as the tradesmen working on it, if they aren't conscientious then you won't get a well built house, whether they work for Colliers or WBN, simple as that. Best advice I can give, is make sure you get down to the site as often as you can, and if there are any problems make sure they are resolved ASAP, our roof had a minor problem with it.....................and work stopped for three months. My hubbie finally found the managing directors mobile number and bombarded him with calls and texts until he personally came to the site. If you push hard enough they will prioratise your house, if you leave them to it, nothing will happen. Our house was finished 6 months ago, total build time was 12 months. Slab poured Jan 05 moved in Dec 05.